• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Mossberg 500 Owner

Hello everyone! I'm a new Mossberg 500 owner and new member on the boards. I just picked up the Mossberg last weekend and have yet to test it out at the range. This is my first firearm ever and was nervous of learning a whole new field but I'm looking forward to it. For my second gun I hope to buy either a 1911 or a Magnum 500.

See you around. :)

Welcome from Ga.
One thing we like more than talking about, is looking at Mossberg's, post up some pics when you get a chance.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome ninjapilot.

With this purchase you have definitlely enterred a whole new world. Are you looking to get into hunting, home defense, competition? The 500 is a good choice that will fit just about any role.

That magnum 500 is a beast. I've owned a .44 and have had some trigger time on a .454. I love the big guns! :twisted:

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new 500!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your new 500 when you get a chance. Be careful though, buying firearms can be quite addictive. I'm always about a half step away from walking into an intervention, but the wife's been very patient with my obsession, err HOBBY...I meant hobby. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossbergs around here, so stop by our "Other Weapons" section and check out all of the various firearms sub-forums. Who knows, you may get some ideas for your next purchase.

Let us know if you have any questions and enjoy the site!

Thats a great first firearm! And either of the next two youre plannin on will do nicely!

Its easy and is a joy to learn, heck that the best part! :D

Welcome to MO!!!

Howdy ninjapilot and welcome to the club!

Welcome to the forum from South Alabama!
Become familiar with your new shotgun, there is a plethora of info on here and YouTube. Search YouTube for "shotgun Training" and "Mossberg 500 Disassembly" Order yourself some Azoom snapcaps, 4 is plenty, it'll help you get comfortable safely loading and unloading. I'm in the process of teaching the wife to handle my 590 and the snapcaps are a good teaching tool.
Be safe, have fun...and post some pics so we can drool with you.

Back