• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Night sights

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm just curious if anyone else has had any of their night sights replaced by Trijicon. If so, how long did it take to get them back?

I have a Beretta Centurion that had night sights installed at the factory back when it was made in '94.

I have heard a few reports from various people/places online saying that Trijicon didn't do that back then, but this particular pistol did in fact have factory triji night sights and weren't done afterwards as evidenced by the date proof on the rear sight and the fact that the front sight was fixed part of the slide itself and was drilled into it to accommodate the tritium lamp.

Seeing how the night sights were about 20 years old or more, were very dim (or not glowing at all in one instance of the rear), so I got a return authorization number and mailed my slide to them this morning.

My "guess" is that they will treat you very well. Good company. Honest folks.

I would hope so. I know judging from their prices, they sure are proud of their stuff.

I don't recall ever buying anything from them before, but the pistol had the triji night sights installed new, so that's what I'm stuck with now like it or not.

The email I got with the return authorization said it would be about $57 if all 3 dots needed replaced (given it's age they will).

So, I'll be patient and wait for them to call me. I just hope it isn't terribly long because obviously, I'm down a gun until they do call.

I have seen a few "classifieds" selling new tritium vials online (CHEAP), but the more I thought about it, importing anything that is under the Nuclear Regulatory Commission is probably not a very good idea.

I think that an openly Christian-based company will go beyond to treat you fairly.

Yeah, I heard about the Bible verses on some of their optics and them getting into some heat over that years ago.

I'm not overly concerned that they would treat me badly or anything. I just hope it doesn't take a month and a half to replace my vials.

I have not added them but my G19 came with Trijicon night sights and they are the shizz

I've never used anything with night sights.

I usually just have a light of some kind.

Your item was delivered at 12:34 pm on January 15, 2015 in WIXOM, MI 48393

Now we'll see how long the backlog to replace the inserts are.

Your item was delivered at 12:34 pm on January 15, 2015 in WIXOM, MI 48393

Now we'll see how long the backlog to replace the inserts are.
Trijicon is only a few miles from where I work

Roger that.

They said to expect 4-6 weeks turnaround time, but I hope that is a conservative estimate.

I'm fairly certain they said it would cost $19 per dot, so that's $57 to replace all, which would be what would be needed considering they're nearly a decade past the end of their "usable" service life. Two of them still had a very faint glow, but the other rear dot wasn't glowing at all.

This message was sent to you at the request of Trijicon, Inc. to notify you that the shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment.

Scheduled Delivery: Monday, 02/16/2015

Yeah really.

I guess the Beretta has grown on me more than I realized.

Yeah. It's the smoothest action I have. It's like the slide is on bearings.

I hope the new rear sight is dialed in pretty good because I don't have a pusher if it's not.

Yes Sir, smooth as silk.

You could always tap the sight over with a punch and small mallet. That's how I drift mine...

Yeah, but I hate to do that with radioactive gas.

You could always tap the sight over with a punch and small mallet. That's how I drift mine...
I do all mine like that too. My CZ has a set screw holding the sight, with it out it was still set tight, then I wanted to move my Glock ns and tapped it decent but not hard and it flew out of the slide across the room. Brass punch deadens the blow

Back