• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Old guy with old? 500 C

olddaddy

Copper BB
I signed onto the forum because I have a Mossberg 500C in 20 gauge. It was a gift from my son for use as a home defense gun and has a pistol grip mounted. I'm interested in taking it out into the field for pig hunting now. I want to find a good butt stock, maybe one that carries extra shells. I am guessing that the 500 series parts interchange, but hope to find out for sure here on the forum. Any advice on what to add to it to make it more user friendly as a slug gun would be appreciated.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome aboard!

ATI makes a great standard gripped adjustable stock for the 20ga 500 models...

ATI Akita Stock

ATI also has a pistol gripped 20ga model. Most manufacturers 12ga 500 stocks will fit on the 20ga receivers as well with only a small overlap due to the slightly smaller receiver. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your 500C. Take a look around and feel free post pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any more questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13

I appreciate the welcome and the info, amazing what you guys know. My original intent was to simply add a butt stock to my 20 ga and go hunting. As I am reading and learning I may change that plan and put together a hunting 500. I like the 20 ga and it has been a good HD gun. I choose to shoot one because of the lower recoil. However, seeing some of the recoil stocks I might get a 12 ga with a slug barrel and scope for hunting. Here in Florida a lot of public land is shotgun only so that would be a good option. I even saw a black powder barrel that would open up the season even more. The 20 ga may be plenty itself with a slug barrel. The idea of one all around gun is appealing. I will have to continue my education and see. Again, thanks for the welcome, glad to have found the group.

It's like the saying goes...You can't have just one...or is it, once you pop you can't stop?.. ;)

Welcome from MI!!

Back