• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Patriot Magazine Length

Loosecat

Copper BB
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me - I would like to know the patriot short action magazine length (308 7mm08 243) for reloading. If anyone could measure this for me that would be grand - none in the local shops around here.

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers!!!

I've been searching the webs, but not finding anything on the dimensions.

I did however find that the magazines are the same for the Patriot as they are for the 4x4 and the Troohy Hunter II which is a Savage rifle.

I have to say I'm a little confused as to why you ask, I'm not connecting the dots. But I'm not a reloader either.

Anyhow, welcome to Mossberg Owners and I hope we can get you an answer!

Hi there - magazine length is useful if you are reloading to get the best performance out of the case. For example if a magazine length is longer than the standard 2.8" for the length of a loaded 308 round it means you have more room in the magazine to seat the projectiles out a little bit further to stuff a wee bit more powder. Also, if you are using 6.5 or a 7mm some of the high BC projectiles are long for calibre. If you are loading up heavier projectiles (they are longer) they are not sticking back into the case as much so you have more room for powder. Other option is to get a 30-06 :). A little bit of extra room in the mag is a nice thing for a reloader if they are searching for that 'sweet spot'. Cheers :)

Back