• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Picatinny Rail

NikW

.22LR
Hey everyone!

I just picked up a brand new mossberg patriot in .308 win, for dealer cost I might add :D.

Does anyone know of a 20moa (or even 0moa) picatinny rail that I can use for mounting an optic (not a fan of the included/installed weaver rails)?

Thanks in advance!

NikW

Posted this in your other thread...

Looks like the Patriot Night Train models come standard with a picatinny scope mount, so the mounts are out there. No information on if the mounts are made in-house or outsourced though. Might be worth giving Mossberg a call and ask if they sell those rails separate...

Mossberg Sales and Service

800-363-3555

thanks LES. I called the Mossberg Sales and Service centered.

They informed me that there is currently NO picatinny rail available for the Mossberg Patriot and that the picatinny rail from the Night Train model does NOT fit the standard Patriot...

What is this bologna??? :(

I'm actually very upset about this...

Say what?! o_O

That doesn't make any sense at all. Why would they use a different drill/tap set-up on the Night Train receiver? Do you remember the name of the person you spoke with? Sometimes the CS reps are not the best informed and they may have been a bit confused. We have a contact at Mossberg that may be able to clarify. Mr. Zakher is their lead tech and has helped many of us here on the forum...

Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Say what?! o_O

That doesn't make any sense at all. Why would they use a different drill/tap set-up on the Night Train receiver? Do you remember the name of the person you spoke with? Sometimes the CS reps are not the best informed and they may have been a bit confused. We have a contact at Mossberg that may be able to clarify. Mr. Zakher is their lead tech and has helped many of us here on the forum...

Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

I don't recall her name. But yes, I asked several times as well due to my confusion, but each time she reemphasized that the mossberg patriot night train picatinny rail WOULD NOT fit the standard patriot rifle.

I'm also upset because I submitted TWO requests for information/a CS agent to contact me via their online website in the past two weeks.

I'm starting to regret my discision to go with the patriot and not the ruger American.

However, I did contact that gentleman's email referenced above. He said he was very sorry and he clarified with the CS agent and said that there ARE picatinny rails and the nightforce's rails will work on the standard patriot model.

He said he was sorry for the confusion and that he would send me a picatinny rail as a form of compensation.

I sent him my shipping information but I haven't heard form him since then. I did pick up some weaver rings (although not happy about it), to have a functional rifle until such time.

I don't recall her name. But yes, I asked several times as well due to my confusion, but each time she reemphasized that the mossberg patriot night train picatinny rail WOULD NOT fit the standard patriot rifle.

I'm also upset because I submitted TWO requests for information/a CS agent to contact me via their online website in the past two weeks.

As with many companies, there's usually a pretty high employee turn-over rate with CS reps. The result can lead to a large number of inexperienced folks manning phone lines, answering questions using a digital FAQ. If the question isn't in their reading material, it can be confusing for everyone.

Oh, and their "contact us" form on the website is useless. It's usually about a month before anyone answers. That's why we use the direct contact our forum owner met out at SHOT Show a few years back...

However, I did contact that gentleman's email referenced above. He said he was very sorry and he clarified with the CS agent and said that there ARE picatinny rails and the nightforce's rails will work on the standard patriot model.

He said he was sorry for the confusion and that he would send me a picatinny rail as a form of compensation.

I sent him my shipping information but I haven't heard form him since then. I did pick up some weaver rings (although not happy about it), to have a functional rifle until such time.

That's awesome!

Mr. Zakher is the MAN! He really knows his stuff and has been a valued asset to us here on the forum. Thanks for posting his reply for clarification. This information will surely be helpful for others as more members become Patriot owners. Keep us posted when your rail arrives...

I am a new Patriot (Model#27906) owner and I want to get a full length Picatinny/scope mount like the one on the "Mossberg Patriot Night Train".
Has anyone been successful in getting one like that? I have looked everywhere and this is the closest I have found to a solution.
Please post if you have a solution....

Thanks
Randall

@randalldavis I think the member who started this thread is the first we have heard on this so you may have to wait and see if their solution works.

I sent Mr Joseph Zakher an email and he replied:

"Hello Mr. Davis,
We do offer a one piece rail system for the 30-06 long action. You may purchase these items.
Part number and description 1- pic rail long action 102709 $20.00 / 2- front short screw $1.25 ea 18723mt / 2-rear long screw $1.25 ea 18724mt"

So I called and ordered one; I should have the Picatinny rail in a few days...
I will update when I have the Pic rail installed.

Randall

Not sure about a single piece Picatinny rail for SA Patriots but I milled a Leupold two piece set with Weaver slots made for Rem 700 and it worked great for some 30mm rings I ordered. I wanna say the set is #58890.....it contains a L36 and a L46 with screws and torx wrench included. I milled the slots closest to the screws to .205".

So, has anyone come up with a source for a short action one piece scope rail for the patriot?
I'm in the process of rigging up a SuperBantam 308 with a thermal scope. The chassis on the scope won't quite reach the oem mounts. Need help, the hogs are tearing up my pastures. Gary

@breeze900rr
Don't know for sure. I don't have a 700 to check, and I'm not taking my scope off the Patriot to measure holes. Don't want to have to re-zero.
Hoping someone will chime in soon with the solution. I read one review where someone with a EG* rail had it to shear off the "lugs" because they weren't full width. There was a channel machined out in the middle to "make it lighter". Poster said his $7000 thermal crashed to the ground !!! YIKES !!! Possibly was not attached correctly?? Dunno.

Back