• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question for the Christmas Season

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
What are all of you wishing for this Christmas?

Post your wish list here - could be gun related or not.

Maybe someone will actually read it and send presents! We can all hope!

For me, some primers for reloading and a couple of 12 gauge screw in chokes for my 500.

Tools...what fella doesn't want some tools?

I'd like one of the Dewalt oscillating tools for small, fussy jobs where bigger saws just aren't practical or just won't fit in the space you have to work. Also/or a 23ga headless pin nailer. Air driven is fine, I can't make much justification for a battery operated one, I won't use it enough. The air driven ones are about 1/3 the cost of the Dewalt battery version.

Tools...what fella doesn't want some tools?

I'd like one of the Dewalt oscillating tools for small, fussy jobs where bigger saws just aren't practical or just won't fit in the space you have to work. Also/or a 23ga headless pin nailer. Air driven is fine, I can't make much justification for a battery operated one, I won't use it enough. The air driven ones are about 1/3 the cost of the Dewalt battery version.
Lol…tools . Besides having a lifetime accumulation of various hand and power tools, my dad has been giving me chunks of HIS lifetime accumulation of tools the past couple years, to thin out his belongings in anticipation of me having to deal with his estate.. He’ll be 95 in a few weeks so there’s a bunch of it, that’s for sure. But I’m old too, and beyond needing most of it, so I just swap out my plasticy modern stuff for his all steel stuff and go about my business…lol Merry Christmas to all..

Yeah, one can never have too many drill bits, though those 2 or 3 hundred bits seem over the top, compared to the 12 paddle bits and 4 step drill bits I’ve been using since retiring. Lol but it makes more sense of the drill press and bit sharpener that came with… and that 110 year old Winchester hand saw has come in handy a couple times lately, sooo…and some other useful things in one of his custom built fitted boxes might get some use in the future…lolIMG_3624.jpeg

Or a visit to the doctor...jus sayin

Since I just got a new Maverick 88 and ordered a Houge stock for it, I'd better not push my luck with Santa. But there are two things that would be on my list otherwise: 1. A cordless upright vacuum cleaner so I don't have to lug the huge Dyson upstairs any more, and 2. A good PSA test in January - the first after completing the radiation treatments for prostate cancer. Fingers crossed.

Since I just got a new Maverick 88 and ordered a Houge stock for it, I'd better not push my luck with Santa. But there are two things that would be on my list otherwise: 1. A cordless upright vacuum cleaner so I don't have to lug the huge Dyson upstairs any more, and 2. A good PSA test in January - the first after completing the radiation treatments for prostate cancer. Fingers crossed.
Good luck with your test..as far as a Dyson, we had the pet version back when we had cats and while it worked good, it WAS heavy. But the thing that bothered me the most was running over a cord or anything really that would stop the brush, would then wreck the plastic gear drive, and require an expensive head and belt replacement. After the first wife and the last of the cats passed away, I chucked that hulk and got a Shark… half the price, much lighter,works great and still easy to dump, but most of all, when you run over stuff and lock it up, it’s got some kind of clutch mechanism that stops the brushes and the green light turns red. Then after throwing the stupid laced shoe into the other room, you simple turn the switch off and turn it back on. It’s all green and you go..lol

I tried, but I just can’t think of a damn thing I need or want for Christmas. I would just like the world to fall apart a bit slower, please.

My sister, my children and 7 of 8 grandkids will be here for dinner.

I will be plenty happy about whatever shows up.

Back