• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

also..my wife was just telling me, if allison is under 18yrs old, they have to take it down, because she's under age, and you did not give your permission to them to use it.... you are the parent that's your right.

sorry to double post...

The issue isn't them using it, because they're not. They're simply providing a link to content someone else publicly displayed for others to view and giving their opinions on it. Nothing illegal about that, but they're taking it out of it's intended context and spinning it the way they think will impact the reader of their opinion the most (sounds like every news station out there). Sometimes that 1st amendment is a bitch, but I'd rather have some knuckle heads have the right to say whatever, than for one intelligent person to not be able to speak their mind. That's how I look at it anyways. It's really going to come down to if the owner of the website is 'enlightened' enough to oblige the request or if he's going to be an arrogant such and such and flame anyone saying they are misconstruing what the video is really supposed to represent, a father and his daughter having a good time enjoying their rights as US citizens.

ripjack13 said:
also..my wife was just telling me, if allison is under 18yrs old, they have to take it down, because she's under age, and you did not give your permission to them to use it.... you are the parent that's your right.

sorry to double post...

;) You may be on to something! Thanks Ripjack's wife! That might be the lynch pin!

ripjack13 said:
Rossignol said:
while looking through my YouTube videos and the insights for discovery I found that one is posted on StormFront, a white nationalist (white supremacist) forum.

StormFront

the ad at the top of the page...

Don and Derek Black Show live weekdays at 9:00am ET on..

now that's funny.

So...whatever happened Ross? i see it's still up...

It is funny, I thought so too when I saw it!

I have been trying to contact someone for a few days. I havent been given any sort of personal contact info. There is a phone number I am going to call thougth.
Sn3aKyGuY said:
The issue isn't them using it, because they're not. They're simply providing a link to content someone else publicly displayed for others to view and giving their opinions on it. Nothing illegal about that, but they're taking it out of it's intended context and spinning it the way they think will impact the reader of their opinion the most (sounds like every news station out there). Sometimes that 1st amendment is a bitch, but I'd rather have some knuckle heads have the right to say whatever, than for one intelligent person to not be able to speak their mind. That's how I look at it anyways. It's really going to come down to if the owner of the website is 'enlightened' enough to oblige the request or if he's going to be an arrogant such and such and flame anyone saying they are misconstruing what the video is really supposed to represent, a father and his daughter having a good time enjoying their rights as US citizens.

You are exactly correct. It really comes down to how its being used which while not specifically illegal, its not what I intended, and I couldnt agree more on free spech rights. It means idiots get to open their mouths and allow discernable words to come out without first having dedicated thought to the process or done a cost benifit analysis of the impact the sound issued may have.

i just watched it again. in the beginning is the mossbergowners.com logo. is that also a bad thing to be having on a white supremacist forum? i think some of the lesser minded might think we are supporting them...

and the wife says you are very welcome...

Rossi, your best bet, if they decide to ignore your message or disregard your request, is to contact your local county or state attorneys office and see what they recommend you do. Why the local prosecuting body you say? Well, 1.) They don't charge you to ask a question like private lawyers and 2.) They are going to have the best resource to help you out if they can't. Just let them know that you've tried to resolve this matter on your own through multiple messages (and be prepared for them to ask for them should they choose to assist you) and the forum/website owner has yet to respond. They'll probably read you the, "Give them 30 days to respond, blah blah blah" speech.

I've been designing websites, graphics and other web content since I was 15 and have had many opportunities to hear stories like this. I even got myself in some hot water designing an adult themed site for a guy who turned out to be taking all the photos he put up on there from his back yard which over looked a public beach. As in, he was in his back yard with a telephoto lens taking pictures of ladies, unbeknownst to them, on the public beach. Talk about a PITA to try and explain, but eventually I was found to of had nothing to do with the photography and was spared from that awesome charge, but it just goes to show you that even your 'unknown contribution' to a website (specially one of that caliber) can come back to bite you.

I have a call in to the phone # listed at the bottom of the site. I still dont have privledges to send PM's, and the one guy who has commented a couple times on YouTube hasnt responded any further for after a request for contact info.

On a random note;

Designer breeds, Are mutts. Nothing wrong with mutts, just call it what it is.

Dodged a bullet tonight, so to speak. At least I think i did. I cant decide if I'm happy about it or not...

My wife and children were lookin at the cutest English Bulldog pup I have ever seen. We have American Bulldogs and I'm not typically a fan of the other. This was a good lookin pup though! Heres the thing. We went to Jungle Jims, which is a huge complex and a really big deal around here as far as international markets go. Well, the place has expanded in recent years. It now boasts a number of retail shops surounding it including a pet shop.

I dislike the idea of purchasing from pet stores... but man were they ever tryin to part me from my money!!! Now, Jenny sweetened the deal by sayin I could get more firearms, equal in cost to the pup... cool! However that dog was selling for $2400!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok, so now I'm spending the money in my head and realize I could cross off about half my list with an M1A, a FN P .45, and an FNH SLP MK1 autoloader! It would be close depending on exact models... And then, I realized I would have to finance the dog. 3 YEARS people! They do 3 year financing! We tried to get the price down, they said they'd do $2100, and with financing, it would still be $2400 in the end!

My daughters are near tears and want us to get the financing. I want guns and ammunition. Almost sounds fair. Thing is, to do whats right, someone has to be the jerk. That guy is me. I'm the jerk. I'm the A-hole that told my teary eyed daughters no, I'm the A-hole that told my son, "Sorry, I know this would be YOUR dog to go with you when you headed out on your own, but NO".

Heck, I was almost crying too... I want that M1A!!! I want a high caqpacity .45 auto!!! I want ammo for the apocalypse and what not!

In the end, about 2 hours later when Allison started talking to me again, she said it probabbly wasnt a real good idea anyway. That dog was ROWDY!!! I love that in a dog, but Jenny just graduated and is working full time, I'm working full time, the kids are all back in school... The pup would be alone and crated about 10 hours a day. Is that right? For the pup? Probably not. We'd be tryin to house break a dog with no one here most of our waking hours and when we all get home and have to bathe a dog becouse a 12 week old pup cant hold it that long, it would become the most hated dog in the house... Not fair at all. It deserves a fair shake at life.

Allison was able to recognize all this and echo my own thoughts... No new firearms right now. Its cool, and I'll get over it. I just have to get better at hiding my cash from Jenny!!! :D

Tough decision Bro...but from what you wrote...it was the right choice for everyone, even the pup !

Life sucks...then ya die !! You da man tho...even Alison and Jenny know it was right.

Now, start putting them quarters away... ;)

Shooter. Dude. If I have to save a quarter at a time for an M1A, you do realize how long that will take? Lets see... Divide $1600 by $0.25. .25 goes into 1.00 4 times, x 1600 count the decimal and so on, and its like 4800 quarters!

I'm gonna try for slightly larger bills! :D

Quick update...

I get up this morning and Jennny is trying to figure out how to hauck a bunch of jewelry she doesnt wear anymore to pay for this pup! I think I'm screwed!!! :?

My only input is that the english bulldogs can be terribly expensive when it comes to long terms costs...they are genetic nightmares and the list of potential diseases is never ending. If money is going to be tight from purchasing the pup I would seriously take that into consideration. I love bulldogs but I would never buy one however I would consider adopting. If you check online I am sure there is a rescue in your area. Just a thought.

Back