• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remington Closing up Shop in Ilion, NY After 200 Years...Moving to a Friendlier State

cmcdonald

Boating Accident Victim
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"

I feel for the workers and the families affected by the move. But, can you blame the company for wanting out of NY state? The 1M SF facility is old and likely requires millions in renovations and upgrades just to keep it going. With the political climate like it is, I don't blame the owners for not wanting to sink huge amounts of capital into an old facility in an unfriendly state.

Can't blame them at all. NY is one of several states where the inmates be running the asylum. I don't think the majority of NY residents approve of the state / local governments draconian approach towards selective enforcement of laws, but somehow the crazies keep getting "elected". [Dominion]

Georgia will be an improvement, but I would not totally trust that state government, either. I'd follow S&W's lead into Tennessee.

Back