• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger Rifles

Re: MY MINI

I tried to make that Strikeforce stock work on the Mini 14 and it isn't gonna make it, back to the wood she goes with a Nikon 3x9x50..

Just love the feel of the Mini it's original wood.

Three pages and no Ruger 10/22 thread ?

Well I'll start one then! Is there a better value out there? Is there any gun with more aftermarket parts to gussy it up from canoe gun to tactical sniper? Spoiler alert: The answer is no :lol:

I haven't owned one in about 10 years since my last move. Was trolling around my local gun store/pawnshop (a gun store that is also a pawn shop, not a pawn shop that sells guns) and spoted an '81, completely stock but missing the barrel band, with an appropriate quality Simmons scope for a fair price of $220.

They called me in (who's going to answer "yes" to "are you a fugitive from the law"on the form?), and 10 minutes later I walked out with it, drove straight to the range tried it out. Only had time for 35 or so shots. it was throwing quarter sized groups, one inch up and one inch left at 50 yds with just a cursory cleaning just to make sure the barrel wouldn't explode. No stovepipes, and I was using cheapie $17 for 550 round bulk remington. Did have two failures to fire out of 37 shells though... That's what you get for 35 bucks for a thousand rounds I guess...

Ya'll have to have them! Post some pics! I will when I can find the camera.

Re: Three pages and no Ruger 10/22 thread ?

Oh good call Blue !
Here is old reliable. I’ve seen a lot of 10/22’s but haven’t run across another factory stock like this one.

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

I've got 3 10/22's in differnt configs.

An SR22 I picked up a few months ago and love it.

My original 20 year old original 10/22.

And the Target 10/22 with Hammer forged barrel, Bi-pod, hogue stock and Nikon rimfire scope 4x32.

Nice ones from both of you! oli700, those mannlichers look so nice! Nice checkering you got going on too! I almost picked up one of those stocks back in the late 90s, before I sold off my rimfires, but it was laminated, and looked nothing like yours!

Hey Dave, nothing like a bull barrel! mine could throw one jagged hole up at 100 yds. My plan was to build this up as a target model, but who knows. I may keep it as is! good excuse to pick up another down the road ;)

blue said:
I almost picked up one of those stocks back in the late 90s

any idea when they made these ?

No idea. I remember a friend of mine having one in the mid 90s that was a green laminate.

My girlfriend has been wanting a .22 secretly for a while now. Now that she fessed up, I did some side work this weekend and took my earnings and we went down and bought her the rifle of her choice.

She ended up with a Ruger 10/22-RB Carbine. Grabbed a 25 round clip as well and hope to try and make it to the range tonight after dinner so she can try it out.

2011-06-19122930.jpg

2011-06-19122952.jpg

blue said:
Nice ones from both of you! oli700, those mannlichers look so nice! Nice checkering you got going on too! I almost picked up one of those stocks back in the late 90s, before I sold off my rimfires, but it was laminated, and looked nothing like yours!

Hey Dave, nothing like a bull barrel! mine could throw one jagged hole up at 100 yds. My plan was to build this up as a target model, but who knows. I may keep it as is! good excuse to pick up another down the road ;)

The target or Tactical 10/22 with Hammer Forged brl is a real nice 22. It throws groups up that simply amaze me at 50 yards. My wife has taken it over now and she is deadly with that gun, her targets come back and the center is gone on all of them...

Nice new 10/22 Ripsnortr!!!!

Just got back. 250 rounds later and she is elated. Had about a half dozen jams with the 25 round magazine. We thought it was the clip and on the way home while we were discussing it we realized it only happened on the times she loaded it. So we plan to look at how she was doing it and see if there was any mistake or if the mag is faulty.

I think the smile at the end says it all. :cool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8BBLSRs9R4[/youtube]

Mini 30, finally got one.

My shop was on the lookout or a Mini30 for me for a couple months, I didn't want a used one and I got the call Wednesday that they had one so I traded my SR22 and some cash and got her home.

Had it to the gun club last night and it shoots like a dream, very happy with it..

Re: Mini 30, finally got one.

Very nice! What are your plans for it? I believe I have a folding stock laying around for that model.

DHonovich said:
Very nice! What are your plans for it? I believe I have a folding stock laying around for that model.

Thanks, Dan.

I don't plan on doing very much to this one as far as add-ons. This will probably be my goto Deer rifle this fall for private property. Nice short layout with very accurate iron sights. One trip to the club last night and I'm very impressed with her..

Nice lookin' Mini-30 Dave !!

The 7.62x39 mm has similar ballistics to the deer dropping .30-30 Winchester (.30WCF), so good hunting...!!

SHOOTER13 said:
Nice lookin' Mini-30 Dave !!

The 7.62x39 mm has similar ballistics to the deer dropping .30-30 Winchester (.30WCF), so good hunting...!!

Thanks once again SHOOTER!!!

My Son and I put about 400 rounds through her last night and she didn't even hicup and boy did we heat her up. The Irons are dead on but I'm contemplating scoping it. I have the stock Ruger rings that come most all their rifles and I have the side mount from my Mini14 but don't care for them much. I may just end up upgrading the irons and be done with it.

I've been doing a LOT more shooting with irons lately. I used to always go scoped, but I find that using the irons is a lot more challenging and can be more fun. Only thing is my eyes suck at 100yds and beyond, so a spotting scope or some binos are always close at hand...

Anybody ever trick out a Ruger 10/22?

Just wondering if anybody has done some mods. I have an '81, which still shoots about as well as I can, but I wouldn't mind tightening it up a little. I'm not looking at much. Just a $100 bull barrel, and normal style stock to fit. Might go fancier on the stock if I run across a used one, but probably not.

So has anybody made a varmint sniper out of a standard varmint battle rifle? :lol:

Back