• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

See through riser for flat top?

bulletmc

Copper BB
Recently I bought a flat top 715t. Looking to add a red dot, but wish to put a riser on that allows for see through use of iron sights. Does anyone know what height riser to pruchase? I can find 1" risers, but when physically measuring it appears I need 1.5" and can't seem to locate one. Trying to avoid stacking risers. I'm sure someone else must have done this. Please share... Thanks! :?:

Just thinking about having a riser up high enough to see the irons properly scares me haha.. that is high profile in my eyes! What about using a red-dot that is low enough you get a "Lower 1/3 Co-witness" or a full Co-witness?? Just shut the sight off and use the irons while looking through the red dot/reflex screen?

Instead of a riser, have you considered using 45 degree offset iron sights?

This way you get a simultaneous line of sight through your optic and your BUIS...

Itsricmo said:
Just thinking about having a riser up high enough to see the irons properly scares me haha.. that is high profile in my eyes! What about using a red-dot that is low enough you get a "Lower 1/3 Co-witness" or a full Co-witness?? Just shut the sight off and use the irons while looking through the red dot/reflex screen?

Thanks for the suggestion. Still kicking all ideals around. :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

This way you get a simultaneous line of sight through your optic and your BUIS...

Now there's an ideal. Can't say I've ever used offsets before, but may be an option. Thanks!

I ordered 45 degree pieces to mount my scope out of the way. With enough risers it makes too much change for different ranges.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

45* works when well set up. I use mine at 15-25 yds then go to a 1.5-5 Simmons scope good to 100+ yds.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

wow those are sweet. Do they make anything to mount the scope to the side?

shells wont hit you in the face will they?

BowerR64 said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

wow those are sweet. Do they make anything to mount the scope to the side?

shells wont hit you in the face will they?

A 45* piccatany rail is offered from afew places.iv seen both single sided 45*,and a dual sided 45*.
Also iv seen them in 2 different hights.low profile so they kinda hang off the side. And one thats alil higher so its just sitting off the side of the rail.
Both are supposed to be designed so you can still use iron sights.

Back