• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Separation Anxiety

kebu

.22LR
While cleaning my M500 after shooting it for the first time, I noticed that where the mag tube meets the receiver it looks as if the tube may be separating from the receiver... here are some pics:

:shock:

from underneath...

:eek:

from the top w/ barrel detached...

Is this an indication of a problem?

Thanks-

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 212
  • mail.google.com(2).jpg
    mail.google.com(2).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 212
Not a prob at all. The mag tube screws into the receiver and is Loctited in place. You're just seeing the end of the threaded section and some of the the red Loctite.

That joint is a very low stress joint. It won't ever work its way loose. It can be a small pain to intentionally loosen it, in fact.

Your gun, right now, has the extended mag tube that only that extended barrel will fit onto. If you decide at a later date to use your gun for sporting or hunting, you can replace your extended 7 shot mag tube with a 5 shot 500A tube and then be able to use all the common 500A barrels on the market, as well. That's the reason a 500A mag tube is the first accessory I always suggest Persuader owners pick up.

Be safe.

rich

Back