• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SG AMMO has a great price right now on PMC .40S&W ammo

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
I just ordered 500 rounds of 180-gr full metal jacket in a USGI ammo can, 50-rd boxes x 10.

Price was $0.38 per round. This folks, is a really great price for very good factory new ammo

And they also have, for the same price, 165-gr PMC 40S&W.

So if you are a .40 shooter, this is very good range and practice ammo. Compared against the price at Academy Sports the Academy cost is $0.48 per round or $5.00 per box more expensive.

Last edited:
I don't shoot .40, but have ordered from SG a few times. Always very happy with the results. So far it was always exactly what I ordered, delivered on time, and good prices. I always order when what I want is on sale.

Last edited:
Through some wheeling and dealing I ended up with well over 500rds of .40 Lawman JHP from a local detective. "We went to the range together" is the story I was told to stick to... ;) I also had several 100s of flat FMJ from another "surplus" ammo deal.

Anyhow, I then built a P80 PF940c (like a G19/G23) and obtained an aftermarket .40 slide. Wouldn't be the first time I bought a gun AFTER I had the ammo for it. ;) In hindsight, I wished I had just bought a police Glock 22/23 "trade-in" for $300ish because the first slide I got was defective. In bench-testing the firing pin safety, the firing pin hole didn't line up with the pin and would not allow the pin to protrude. Also, the RSA was hitting the inside of the frame because it was "S" shaped. Sent those back and while the replacements were better, and allowed the pin to protrude, I can still tell the hole is off-center by maybe .5mm. This could lead to a broken striker down the road. The perils of "building your own". :rolleyes: The gun did function well at the range but I need to contact the seller and see if they will swap for a "good" one. What sucks is every time I send it back there is another $10 spent on a gun that I probably have at least $350 into at this point with only one magazine. :(

Back