• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Nice lookin' shotty stig...

( Ya know I was only kiddin' about it not being a Mossberg...right !? )

Nice lookin' shotty stig...

( Ya know I was only kiddin' about it not being a Mossberg...right !? )
LoL. Yeah I know....;)
But then again I do love my 590....

And i did get them down a bit more from the initial day I first saw it.
Guess CASH money talks....Lol. Should of low balled them at 200. But a good deal over all for such a solid shotty.

This is on both Remington's?

As I first read this, the first thought I had was the shell lifter is in the way on Remingtons but certainly that isn't the issue.

Could it be spring length I wonder? How do they feed once loaded, any issues binding or not wanting to feed at all?

I don't have any 870's, but I never paid much attention to having difficulties loading any of my pump guns.

I have noticed that I have a harder time keeping them loaded though LOL

I've never noticed a difference between them when it came to loading.

Stevens Model 67E 12 Ga.

I got this one back in Oct. I just liked the way it looked was the reason I got it LOL. I don't even hunt, so I really have zero use for a dedicated slug shotgun, but I rationalised if I were to go back to Alaska some day it might come in handy to have cached around in case Mr Brown Bear shows up...? Anyway, have not heard the best things about these shotguns?, so it might be used to to go and make noise with.
It does give the impression of something a Policeman would have around in the Mid-1960's for "Civil Unrest" LOL!!! But I don't think it is quite that old?
Mark

A month or so ago, I found this WesternField Model 35 12 Ga. Shotgun, which is basically a shop brand for Montgomery Ward. This is a Stevens Model 520 with a different name. I do think this was designed by John Moses Browning as well?

Anyway, this gun looked decent on the outside, but once it got stripped down...it was covered in oil varnish mixed with dirt that had most likely been there since the Herbert Hoover administration? It was dirty!!!! But once it got cleaned up...it turned out good overall.

Given that it's a stevens, I'd put money that it works fine. I've owned many of the old stevens over the years. Still have several.

That receiver and trigger guard looks identical to the old Model 79, less the "bird hunt" engraving and the bottom tang.

I need to post my "BOOM stick", My g/f bought me a 10ga single shot last year...

DSCN0821_zps43b992d5.jpg

Red is 12ga, Green is 10ga

DSCN0822_zps0b28fd4d.jpg

Here is another shot of my 1200

DSCN0825_zps3645aa20.jpg

Man, I just love that engraving work on that 1300. That is classy.

Not sure which was funner? Cleaning and resurecting it, or shooting it? I've shot it twice so far and both times there have been no problems. This gun is built!!! Hope that made sense? There is a lot of workmanship that went into this one. And this was considered a common field grade shotgun? Wonder what it would cost to make it today?
I'd love to find a Stevens 620 someday as well. Also, I'd love to find a barrel that is thrashed and could be justified to cut down to 20", or find a 20" barrel.
Always did like the look of the vintage Stevens 520/620 Riot Shotguns. The barrel on this one is in good shape and I refuse to harm it! LOL Nor will I bugger up another barrel in good shape, but if I could luck into one that is already gone beyond any collector value....
Anyway, this was a fun project and I'm glad I found it.
Mark

Back