• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Simmons Scope DOA

mingaa

Raconteur
Got the Simmons 22 Mag 3-9-x 32 Scope to the range today to sight in and BOTH elevation and windage adjustments are DOA - neither does a thing. I had to pull in to 15 yds just to get on paper and no amount of adjustment would move the POI / POA from it's very high, right spot. All 10 rounds just kept nailing the spot as I aimed bulls eye and adjusted with each shot. A VERY tight group, just in totally the wrong place!

I bought from an eBay seller and registered with Simmons when I received it. Their 'warranty' work requires that I pay R/T shipping. I'll be talking to them in the AM about their support for DOA products. I can also go back to the seller for a refund. I sent him notice tonight.

That scrapped the main part of my trip to the range today. Fortunately that was not the only gun along for the ride.

8250480471_e30e8edab6.jpg

ARG!! :(

That sucks mingaa!

That's the exact scope I have. Bought mine from Optics Planet and it's been 100%. Sorry to see you got a lemon. I hope they get you fixed up soon...

Yeah LES your recommendation got me started considering the Simmons and reviews + research proved it out to me as a class winner. I like OP a lot but opted to save a few bucks with an eBay seller. I'll talk to Simmons in the morning (I registered it immediately) and if that road has too many bumps I'll get a refund from the eBay seller and buy a replacement ASAP. Hopefully I'm plinking at 100 yds sooner rather than later!

Back