• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

So wich mossberg plinkster is the best?

BowerR64

.270 WIN
Ill bet your wondering wich of the 3 flavors of plinksters is the best? The 702 plinkster? the 715T handel version or the 715T flat top? Well maybe not the "best" but the most accurate.

Well i put all 3 to the test. I used 3 different types of ammo at 25 yards each using a 4X scope.

i shot 15- 3/4" stick on dots 5 shots each dot. 25 shots 5 dots each ammo type. Golden bullet, winchester superX and CCI target. The last rifle (715T flat top) i used a sharpie and drew in the 15 dots.

Plinksterchallengeall3_zps3f67a38a.jpg

So top to bottom 702 plinkster first
70215dots_zps977b2fe6.jpg

715T handle version
Plinksterchallenge715T-H_zps0ea8af17.jpg

And the 715T flat top
Plinksterchallengeflattop_zpsb328d6c7.jpg

The shocking thing is the flat top is slightly more accurate then the other 2. I paid slightly more for it, it does look better then the other 2 in my eyes. I also like the flash hider that comes with the flat top version better then the 2 i bought off e-bay.

I set them all up with golden bullets first shooting at a target. Got them all dialed in then i changed the target to the 15 dots. The first shot with the flat top (sharpie dots) i thought i missed the target. I couldnt see the hole. Then i realized i shot the black and it poked right threw the black area.

This was alot of fun, ill have to do more of these with my other rifles and pistols.

VitSports6 said:
No 802 love?
Nice write up, thanks!

The 802 is different isnt it? the 3 guns i have are all built around the 702 plinkster receiver barrel.

I was thinking the 802 uses a round bolt and receiver? Also bolt action maybe?

Yes, it's a bolt action, but still considered a Plinkster, my daughter loves hers, i think it's fun to shoot as well.

Well it seems there is a ton of different variants of the "Plinkster" i just have the 702 flavor in the 2 sporting versions and the traditional rifle with polymer stocks.

Why dont you do a test and post it here? I could change the thread title or something?

Maybe that would be best for a different forum section?

I just wanted to compair the 3 i have because in my mind i thought the traditional 702 plinkster was more accurate but it doesnt seem so now. I take back my statement of the 702 being slightly better then the 715T version because of the shell.

Back