• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SWFA SS 1-4x FFP Illuminated reticle

m24shooter

.270 WIN
ss14.jpg

magleverrevmax.jpg

ss14rheo.jpg

red4x.jpg

blk4x.jpg

blk1x.jpg

Oh Dang! Thats nice man, I've been lookin at a similar Leupy... Whats the cost on one of these?

That brings me to another question.

I see on your rifle what looks like the MBUS. #1, what mount is that with the scope and #2 does it cowitness?

I have the MBUS too and the ARMS folding A2 front post. It doesnt have to cowitness, but even better if it will!

Thanks M24!

It is an MBUS.
The mount is an ADM Recon. I does not cowit. I only had that on that carbine for a little while. That optic is actually for an SDM build, and the middy usually has a Micro on it.

Ahhh, I see...

Well my goal is to find a similar mount that will give the right objective height, so that in single power (no idea if I'm sayin that right) it will cowitness. If I cant make it happen it isnt that big a deal to fold both sights down unless the scope is off.

I'm going to have a PMCS day today, so I'll try to swap the optics out today and see how close it is to cowit.

Cool man, I'll be watchin and I'm gonna check out that base! My rifle is an A3 flat top, but I have the standard delta ring and MOE handguard, so I need the cantilevered base for what I wanna do.

I like the variable power of a scope like this and especially that it will function at single power like a red dot. If the cowitness is high, I wond if a riser would work with a similar base. I think Leupold make cantilevers that you can add a riser too, just gonna have to look at specs and try and determine the heights on everything beginning with my BUIS.

As far as cowit, if you just want the zero on the dot to coincide with the zero on the optic, that may be a problem. However, if you just want to be able to look through the optic on 1x and see the irons and the circle that may be possible. Let me go check.

Alright, just checked. It won't work the way you want it to. It probably will cowit, but the problem you'll have is that the low power variables aren't a true 1.00000x. They are going to be 1.01 or something, because of the variability. So you'll be able to see the outline of the front sight, but it will be blurry and shouldn't be relied on to verify the zero of the irons with the dot/circle.

Well M24, I appreciate you checkin on it for me!

If it wont work out I can deal with it, as long as the irons can be used through the optic in the very least. Biggest thing, I dont wanna have to remove the optic to use irons...

Thanks man!

m24shooter said:
Because it isn't a true 1x, I don't know that that is going to be possible.

OH!!! I see what youre sayin now! My bad! So even with the optics off, Its still slightly magnified! I missed that point earlier... :oops:

Yup. To the naked eye, it looks like 1x. With the sights, and looking through the optic to see them, the slight magnification will mess up your sight picture.

Well, The fix there will be a QR one piece cantilever mount...

I saw the ADM you posted on CTD's site for $158 I think it was.

Back