• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Taurus / Rossi Firearms

tcecil88~ good choice. They are very good dependable 9mm pistols.

One nice thing about the Taurus 709 is that its barrel has traditional rifling, so cast lead bullets shoot just fine out of these guns.

That's cool, I bet you have a recipe for a cheap handload. Say around a nickle or dime apiece? :)

tcecil88 said:
That's cool, I bet you have a recipe for a cheap handload. Say around a nickle or dime apiece? :)

Hell yeah!

Cast lead bullets made from free wheel weights
3-cent primer
2-cents for powder (Unique, Bullseye, Titegroup, AA#7, Silhouette)
free brass picked up and reused

A NICKEL per round. And they shoot like a dream from my 709 Slim and my CZ-75B.

'Course, I've amortized out the initial cost of the bullet mould and the electric casting pot because they long ago paid for themselves.

nitesite said:
tcecil88 said:

Hell yeah!

Cast lead bullets made from free wheel weights
3-cent primer
2-cents for powder (Unique, Bullseye, Titegroup, AA#7, Silhouette)
free brass picked up and reused

A NICKEL per round. And they shoot like a dream from my 709 Slim and my CZ-75B.

'Course, I've amortized out the initial cost of the bullet mould and the electric casting pot because they long ago paid for themselves.

That's awesome. I need to start reloading.

Wifey's Xmas present. Taurus Model 709 9mm.
DSC01141_zpsd7b8f4b0.jpg

I have one of those. Nice little blaster for the money. I am not a huge fan of the sights, but they work.

I have always liked the looks of the Taurus tip-ups. I found this one NIB for $209. Now I got one, a PT25. I know the .25 ACP is despised by many, buy my little Sterling .25 needed a buddy. I don't plan on carrying it anyway, just a fun gun. :)

Nice, congrats man!

I love shoot'n .25acp. It's a great little round and is far more capable than folks give it credit for...

Found out they did not. They make a 35 gr XTP load, but the general concensus online is to use FMJ ammo for maximum penetration. Since I don't plan to carry it, FMJ is fine anyway. Now if I can just find some. I have 75 rounds, but that won't last long.

Good hunt'n.

Just about everywhere around me has .25. Seems like that's about the only caliber I can readily find on shelves...

Taurus 24/7 compact

went down yesterday and picked up a brand new Taurus 24/7 compact,,nice little hand gun,feels very comfortable

Back