• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Sisters Brothers

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
My wife bought a bunch of my favorite food for my birthday yesterday and she also rented a movie. She told me "Here is the movie you wanted, "Brothers and Sisters".

(WTH???)

" Honey, I never heard of that one . . . ?"

It took me a couple minutes to catch on.

Anyhow if you haven't seen this movie I would highly recommend it. This is a tale worthy of telling, and it was done artfully. The cinematography was unmatched in my imagination.

I will not ruin it by telling you a single thing more of this movie except that in the 1840s, the Sisters Brothers were hired gunslingers.

Anything more I could say would be an injustice, except: "Go rent this movie!"

I wanted to see it in the theater but something came up and I never did and I don't believe it stayed on the big screen very long because it's not what you call a family movie.

But I think that this perhaps slighted film will turn out to be one of the classics.

That's the one. Like all trailers, the scenes are all out of order & out of context.
But it doesn't matter. It's not to be missed if you like westerns or cap+ball guns.

Not to go OT too much but I watched a couple Netflix movies recently which I feel would be worth watching IF you have Netflix. If not, create an acct. which may include a "free" trial. To avoid the autodraft, I pay with a $15 (minimum) gift card available at many retailers including Lowe's... Any "extra" money simply adds a few more days to your monthly subscription.

PS: Besides their original programming, not all of which is worth watching, Netflix has a rotating stock of older movies that will only seem to stick around for a few months or more. They also have a DVD "plan" of movies that never make it into the rotation.

"The Highwaymen" starring Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson playing 2 "retired" Texas Rangers on the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde. Based on the true story. I enjoyed it and it was quite suspenseful.

"Triple Frontier" stars Affleck, Hunnam and others as ex-military retirees stuggling to make a living developing a plot to rob a druglord in South America. "Narcos" with a twist. Worth watching if you liked Narcos.

Also watched "Lord of War" with Nick Cage about a month ago.

Think I'll watch "The Founder" next. Michael Keaton plays Roy Kroc of McDonalds fame. I've seen bits and pieces of it. May as well watch it in its entirety.

Last edited:
So did anyone else get to see this?
The photography made me want to move back to the mountains.
Almost.

Back