• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Walking Dead... (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Re: Theres a new show on AMC...

The new episode aired tonight. I totally forgot all about when it started. I had it recorded though. Thank doG for dvr!

I just finished watching it.

Hit me up when you're ready to talk about it rip...

Just finished watching commercial free on the dvr!

Oh man! Was it good? No spoilers. I'm watchin it monday....you guys can yap about it....I'll just stay out of here till after I see it....

I can wait! ;)

Yeah it was ok. Theres conflict and getting back to some action... it had been kinda slow. I prefer it stay on edge for a bit. I think it did that tonight and ended on a note that leaves you waiting for the next one wondering what the heck happens next.

Yea...just watched the first episode of the new season...was impressed on how the sheriff handeled those two clowns in the bar...awesome gun play.

And it's about time for that Hershel guy to wake up and smell the zombies !! I'd be damned if I would walk around unarmed because he said so...

Yeah, I was get'n bored with the first several episodes.

I'm with you SHOOTER, it's about time Hershal woke up. This episode was pretty good, especially the bar scene at the end. I saw it coming, but I was still impressed with the action. They really left us hangin with the wife's car crash though...

I see this is an old thread but...My 2 cents, First off great show I love the close up head shots. More importantly I didnt see anyone mention that this show is based of off a kick but comic book. I have been reading the comic series for awhile now and it is better than the show. Im not sure that any of you like comics but if you like the show you should check them out. I get mine from Barnes&Noble

One of my coworkrs is really into this show. I've not seen it myself. I tent to pick out to many inconsistencies in stuff like this that end up ruining it for me. I may have to give it a go, enough people seem to like it.

Ya gotta watch from the begining....then you'll be better informed as to why and what.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Yeah, I was get'n bored with the first several episodes.

I'm with you SHOOTER, it's about time Hershal woke up. This episode was pretty good, especially the bar scene at the end. I saw it coming, but I was still impressed with the action. They really left us hangin with the wife's car crash though...

I have a felling that she will be discovered by the group of people that the two guys from the bar was with.

Ok so the conversation about to be had is a MAJOR spoiler alert to anyone who isn't caught up through last night's episode, so if you're still behind and don't want it ruined for you STOP READING NOW!

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way, HOLY CRAP! Last night's episode started slow, but ended on a real high huh? Didn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that Shane was gonna kill the prisoner once he had him out in the woods and I figured there would be another altercation between Rick and Shane, but I did not see that coming! I figured it'd go down eventually, but not so soon.

Killing the prisoner was a last ditch effort for him to assert some sort of power and, in his mind, in doing so he was protecting the group. As for what happened after that, Rick knew the whole escape situation didn't make any sense and that something was about to go down. What I found interesting is that Shane was purposefully walking in front of Rick as of he was testing his intentions. At one point he paused to look back and gave a smirk as Rick stared him down. To me it was kind of a "Well I guess you don't have the balls to do it to me moment" for Shane. Once in the clearing, both men grew tired of the cat and mouse game and finally faced off. The way it went down was pretty smoothe on Rick's part. Talk him down, become less threatening, close your distance, distract his hand and eyes, and bam. People take Rick's compassion, careful consideration, and calm demeanor as weakness, but when the SHTF he's one cold customer.

Here's my take on the whole situation. Shane knew he was losing it and was powerless against Rick, Lori, Carl, and the group as a whole. Lori's apology for their relationship sent him over the edge and he snapped. I really think he wanted to die. He leads the prisoner out into the woods and snaps his neck within minutes. Then with Rick he draws it out, first giving him the opportunity to make a move. Shane was not a thinker, he was the kinda guy who acted on snap decisions. If he truly wanted to kill Rick it would have been done and quickly. He knew he didn't have a future with Lori or the group if he killed Rick, and couldn't go on without her especially since there was a chance that the baby was his. His only option was to provoke his own death.

At least that's my take. In any case, it was a pretty exciting ending to the episode. How 'bout Carl plugging zombie Shane and then the hoard coming out of the darkness there at the end. Oh, and how are folks that haven't been bitten turning into walkers when they die?

Ok, I've rambled on long enough. Anyone else have any ideas or comments?

I enjoy watching the show. I also like Top Shot, Sons of Guns, American Guns, Life after People, Doomsday Preppers and Doomsday Bunkers.

Uh oh. I think I see a trend forming. :D Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom... most definitely a trend forming!!! :D

Ok, LES. I'm pretty much with you. I kinda saw it coming, but didnt believe it as I was thinkin it... only couldnt see what Shane got from it if it didnt happen that way. We knew he was goin mad, but I think he truly felt it took cold blood decisions to be safe as he sank deeper. It started I think with killing Otis. He knew he could do it and justify it, so for him it was as easy as the ends justify the means. Only it ended up driving him mad. Mad enough to kill his best friend and begin makin decisions that would have led to absolutely zero future had things gone as planned.

I agree about Ricks character, real cool with the distraction so he could reach for the knife. I knew he didnt want to, but there was no other option. Only one of them could continue living.

Which leads to the nbext thing which has been hinted in previous episodes. Zombified without a bite. My guess is anyone exposed to the "virus" in life will turn upon death.

Carl had to face one of his fears... he was sinkin into callousness as well. He was growin cold to life and its worth.

Faced with the same decision about the kid, I believe I would have come to the same conclusion however. How do you release a guy who may return to his group and lead them back to you? Is it a chance worth takin if faced with such dire circumstances and consequences? I think the kid had to go. Would I be able to do it? I have no idea.

Ok, so now there is a zombie horde the like of which have not yet been seen approaching the house!!! :shock:

Yup, my wife and I did a lot of discussing the "What would you do in that situation". You can kick it around back and forth all you want while you're sitting around safe on your couch, but it's hard to know how you would handle it if actually placed in that situation.

The season finale next week should prove to be a nail biter right from the jump...

OH MAAANNN!!!! i just watched it. holy crap. that was a great episode. i didn't want shane to leave like that....i wanted him to go out on his own with that blonde chick.

next weeks show looks crAAzy...

Aint4u2cme said:
Now the question is, who will become the new Shane?

Prob have to wait till next season for the new antagonist...

And dont forget!!! One more day to vote in the St. Patricks Day photo contest for the $50 Brownells gift card!!! You can find it at the very top of every section in the forum!!!

Go VOTE NOW!!! ;)

Back