• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Theyre creepy and theyre kooky, People think theyre spooky

BowerR64

.270 WIN
They're all together ooky, The Mossberg Family.

Picked up a flat top today from cabelas for $320. more then i wanted to spend since the handle version was only $238. from walmart but i did have to pay an extra $70. for the cool looking 25 round mag for it so that put it up about $300. when i was all done.

I figure ill put the scope on the flat top and keep the handle version fixed sights. I think they look best with this setup.

So far after mounting the scope, using the bore sight the dot was low and to the left. So its time for me to sort this with my own rifle and see if i can figure a good way to get it dialed in. I already have a few ideas.
Mossberg715FT_zpscd7cbb32.jpg

Re: Theyre creepy and theyre kooky, People think theyre spoo

,,,,,congrats on the new mossy. good lookin family. :)

Nice looking pair.

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Had a few issues with the stock mag it needs a little more sanding to get the rough edge off the feed lips i thought i had it good but its still a little stiff. Using the 10 rounder from my handle version 715T i had no hickups at all.

I also didnt have the low and to the left problem it actually shot a little high and i had to adjust it a little to get it dialed in.

The top left target is the first mag, then the second target then the top. THe bottom little target i used federal ammo and it was all over the place.

25 yards
Mossberg715TFTfirstouting_zpsf30bf66a.jpg

Amazing looking rimfires!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at the close up target you can see how my shots went, after #5 i kinda lost track where they were hitting but i always have issues with wich way to turn the turret dials to get em to move up or down i think everyone is different or else im just backwards. I never know if the dial meants to move the cross hair right or up or move the shot. I usually just turn them to much then shoot and then see wich way it has gone when it seems to be close i take several shots then turn it again a few clicks.

It seems pretty dialed though and i only put about 50 rounds threw it so far.

nitesite said:
Amazing looking rimfires!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, they shoot every bit as good as they look too. :D

Back