• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tools of the Trade

Mudinyeri

20g
"Philanthropist"
My thread about knife-less multi-tools and goosebob's reply got me to thinking. Wouldn't it be great if we could share information about EDC (every day carry) types of tools that we've used over the years? I'll start with a couple:

Folding Pocket Straight Razor from CountyComm.com
pocketstraightrazorhand.jpg

I've purchased several of these and thrown them in first aid kits, get-home bags and EDC organizers for a couple years now. They're not overly durable, but they're sharp and I like the fact that the blade can be folded in for safety - better than a plain straight razor blade.

1X4 Technician's Screwdriver from CountyComm.com
countycomm-techscrew-001.jpg

This is a nice driver for small screws that aren't too tight. The handle is plastic and too much torque can round out the female receptacle in the handle. Perfect for glasses repairs.

Doc Allen's VersaTool from docallenversatool.com
Doc-Allen-VersaTool.jpg

The VersaTool is a very compact stainless steel drive tool which can handle 1/4″ sockets and 1/4″ hex shank insert bits with an included adapter. One of the nice things about it is that you can utilize the loop as a T-handle to generate a fair amount of torque. Once you're done, it folds flat and stores in a relatively small space.

Have you come across any other EDC tools? I currently only EDC a knife and a gun.

I always carry a Zippo and a lighter as well. A handful of keys will sometimes double as tools, as old keys that dont go to anything I use anymore but still on my clip can be a knife for cutting tape or can even serve as a small pry tool or screw driver.

Back