• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Transporting the Shockwave and ammo?

I'm sure there is a page or two on how to legally transport or carry the Shockwave and ammo in a truck, car, golf cart etc. Could someone please point me in that direction or provide a link? I guess I was thinking of how I'd like to carry it, but sitting on the seat beside me probably isn't going to work. :)

I would suggest you review the laws of transporting firearms for your state. They vary state to state. I would expect the Shockwave, if legal in your state, would be treated like any other firearm as it pertains to transport / carry.

Concealed Pistol Permit.
The following is from Michigan Gun Owners Forum:
Also not being a pistol, you can't carry it loaded or concealed in your vehicle, even if you have a CPL.
naughty2.gif

Concealed Pistol Permit.
The following is from Michigan Gun Owners Forum:
Also not being a pistol, you can't carry it loaded or concealed in your vehicle, even if you have a CPL.
naughty2.gif

So, Michigan's carry license is specifically for pistols, eh? My state's concealed carry license is not limited to only pistols.

Transport in a vehicle is another matter. In my state, if you do not have a license to carry concealed, then the weapon has to be "securely encased and not readily available for immediate use."

Bottom line... gotta go by Michigan law, whatever it may be.

I don't think the shockwave is technically considered a pistol. Federally, it's considered a firearm, and only due to a very narrow reading of the law.

@MikeD you may know the michigan answer to this question.

If it is a registerred handgun in MI then it falls under the concealed cary laws regarding a CPL.

Otherwise it is a long gun and cannot be carred concealed ir uncased in a vehicle.

We have a 'MI' pistol which many AR'pistols fall into but they are still registerred as a pistol.

In short: Any rifle or shotgun that is over 26 inches in over all length, but not more than 30 inches total. It also can not have a barrel any shorter than 18 inches. If it doesnt meet the overall length, or barrel length requirement, it is a SBR/SBS(short barrel rifle/shotgun).

I'm honestly not sure if this is still a cetegory that you can use but I have a gun that was registerred under this classification

I have a AR pistol I then registerred as a SBR when MI made them legal. If I take the stock off and put a pistol buffer tube on it I can carry it as a concealed pistol. Put the stock on I have to carry it secured in a case inaccesssble by the driver of a vehicle.

Firearms laws don't make sense.

If it is a registerred handgun in MI then it falls under the concealed cary laws regarding a CPL.

Otherwise it is a long gun and cannot be carred concealed ir uncased in a vehicle.

We have a 'MI' pistol which many AR'pistols fall into but they are still registerred as a pistol.

In short: Any rifle or shotgun that is over 26 inches in over all length, but not more than 30 inches total. It also can not have a barrel any shorter than 18 inches. If it doesnt meet the overall length, or barrel length requirement, it is a SBR/SBS(short barrel rifle/shotgun).

I'm honestly not sure if this is still a cetegory that you can use but I have a gun that was registerred under this classification

I have a AR pistol I then registerred as a SBR when MI made them legal. If I take the stock off and put a pistol buffer tube on it I can carry it as a concealed pistol. Put the stock on I have to carry it secured in a case inaccesssble by the driver of a vehicle.

Firearms laws don't make sense.

Wow. I guess I didn't realize that Michigan was one of the (few) states that has gun registration. All guns are registered???

Wow. I guess I didn't realize that Michigan was one of the (few) states that has gun registration. All guns are registered???
Handguns are.

Longguns are not.

But our Governer wants to fix " loopholes" and implement more "common sense" gun laws. Whatever you cam immagine what that means isn't as far as she wats to take it.

Funny how fast things can change. MI has not been that bad for firearms, but elections have consequences and we lost the state house this year. I've heard rumblings and its not good. We shall see what comes to be.

I would guess that, like in Washington, if you buy it from a dealer, it is a registered weapon. And at least up here and for the past who knows how long, if you don’t get it through a dealer, it’s illegal no matter the classification. And while it would seem obvious to most shockwave owners here, it can’t even be mistaken for a pistol, BUT, like John mentioned, what’s obvious to us is not always so obvious to the states. In Oregon for example, many shockwave buyers found out after the fact that their weapon type box on the purchase forms was checked as a handgun.

The notion of registered firearms is so foreign and inconceivable to me. The thought, alone, is intolerable. As one who pledged his life to defend the Constitution... I honestly cannot imagine living with that.

Just another piece of life in a modern society that has to be dealt with. Every state has different rules and all the accompanying work arounds. Mags limited to 10 rounds here, but you can have 20 mags, so who cares. If I had a regular Mossberg and was shooting the mini’s, more than 10 will fit in the tube. Not an eye will be batted. Most rules that come out these days are rarely retroactive and even then, just about every gun deemed illegal somehow can be had with a waiting period and a fee. It’s a strange new world.lol

Just another piece of life in a modern society that has to be dealt with. Every state has different rules and all the accompanying work arounds. Mags limited to 10 rounds here, but you can have 20 mags, so who cares. If I had a regular Mossberg and was shooting the mini’s, more than 10 will fit in the tube. Not an eye will be batted. Most rules that come out these days are rarely retroactive and even then, just about every gun deemed illegal somehow can be had with a waiting period and a fee. It’s a strange new world.lol

I'm thankful to be in a free state. No mag restrictions. No registration. No "approved gun roster."

My brother lives in MA, and pretty much none of my guns would be legal there.

MI has not been that bad for firearms, but elections have consequences and we lost the state house this year.
Wasn't there a new "ballot-stuffing" initiative passed? How can we, as patriots, do something to prevent this? I do believe that is the ONLY way elections are being won by obviously BAD candidates. Can you set up a van and take videos of the ballot boxes or ask for ID of those depositing more than one ballot? Or how about if you just set the son-of-a-bitch on fire? ;)

After going through the requirements to purchase a firearm I always say this is my last, then you all know what happens next.
Now I'm happy to report after this Shockwave.... I have enough.

Wasn't there a new "ballot-stuffing" initiative passed? How can we, as patriots, do something to prevent this? I do believe that is the ONLY way elections are being won by obviously BAD candidates. Can you set up a van and take videos of the ballot boxes or ask for ID of those depositing more than one ballot? Or how about if you just set the son-of-a-bitch on fire? ;)
Yes, we had a nasty one pass. Several bad ones actually dealing with voting, term limits, womens health (i.e. abortion).

Back