• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What R first things to do with new 930SPX?

cadjak

.22LR
I had no idea when I ordered my 930SPX that there were so many potential issues with it. I'm concerned that there seems to be so many owners reporting serious problems.

From online info, it seems like a cleaning would be in order. What parts should get special attention?

I ordered it from Bud's in KY. I'm hoping that because of their large turnover that I will be getting one with the newest updates.

I would certainly tear the gun down and give it a good cleaning when you first get it. You can also check the front sight to ensure that it is not canted as described in posts on this forum. You can take off the magazine extension and check the spring length is 10-16" longer than the entire magazine tube. Beyond that I would go send some lead down range and enjoy it. If there indeed an issue with the gun Mossberg will certainly take care of it.

Clean it an lube it according to the manual and shoot the crap out of it. If there are any problems find them for yourself. The internet is 99% B.S. With pistols you got guys buying the aftermarket trigger upgrade kit, which costs 1/3 as much as the whole gun, before they even get their pistol out of quarantine! They haven't even shot it and they're concerned that Bubba2009chrrybomb on youtube doesn't like the creep in the trigger :lol:

Take care of it, and shoot it. You'll be fine.

+1 to that, for every 1 user that has a problem there are thousands that don't.

Back