• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

Of the three Taurus revolvers I've owned the 905 is the only one I have left, traded the other two for my S&W PC 629. I only had issues with one of them. My old model 44 had timing issues, but I sent it back for warranty work and they fixed the problem for free in a little over a week. The model 66 was and the 905 is still problem free.

The grips are 'silver-black' boot grips by Excalibur, got them at http://www.grips4guns.com/revolver/taurus/small.html.

cool...i came across that site looking at grip options...they look a lot better on your 905 than in their stock photos

Well thanks!

I've bought several set of grips from them and have been very pleased with all of them. Great customer service too...

I got my new BUG today. A Smith & Wesson 042 Airweight Centennial in .38 Special. I did some research after the fact and found out they only made a little over 4400 of them. I got it for $319 and found out that was a steal too. One forum had a report of 2 different 042's going for over $700 on Gunbroker! The only finish wear is where the cylinder has rotated. I have been looking for a S&W 442 Airweight and found this for over $100 less. It came with the original box and all paper work. Overall, I am very pleased with the gun. It is not +P rated but I have it stoked with 110 gr. Hornady Critical Defense.

DSC00942.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

Now I have to figure out how I want to carry it. When I had my 442, I carried it in a Galco SOB or in a small fanny pack. I had the 042 in my coat pocket today and barely knew it was there. While it is cold, I will probably roll like that, but when it gets warmer probably front pocket or SOB again.

Very nice looking snubbie...and that's a good choice of carry rounds too !!

Thanks, I put a set of the Hogue Bantam grips on it today. They are a little bit smaller diameter with deeper finger grooves. Better feel I think. I am also going to send it off to XS sights and have them install a front tritium Big Dot on it. For a CCW/BUG this is mandatory for me. It is a pricey mod though, but worth it in the long run for me.

Please post some pics when that mod is completed...I for one would like to see the finished product !

One of my dream guns off the must have list.

I saw this gun a couple years ago and thought it was a smooth looking, snag free revolver, no sharp edges anywhere. It was always one of those "it would be nice to have guns" that I put on my mental luxury list. So earlier this month I finally comitted to purchase this new Gemini custom gun built by the president of the American pistolsmith guild, Marc Morganti.

Originally it was a 4 week build time for my custom .357 Ruger SP101. I was ok with the lead time as custom guns and holsters take much longer. To my suprise I got a phone call four days after I ordered it and was told it will be on the way to me. I picked it up on Tuesday and yesterday I took it to qualify for my carry permit renewal class as my permit is expiring soon, so it was more perfect timing.

To qualify for a carry permit you have to shoot at 3, 5, & 7 yards. All 25 rounds were easily within a 4 inch circle from the 2-1/4" barrel. Trigger pull is very long but expected for a DAO, smooth and clean all the way. It will take me some range time to get familiar but I can already tell it will come around quickly.

The porting and weight helps with recoil and muzzle flip. I was never temporary blinded by the flash and was able to keep on shooting in the dark indoor range.

Some specs....

10# trigger pull (stock is 12#), new springs and smooooooth trigger pull

25 oz weight (heavy sucker that will last me forever)

Warning labels have been machined off the barrel

Cocobolo grips also made

Ported barrel & muzzel now has target crown for accuracy

Clearance between cylinder and barrrel is tighten up (smaller bullet jump)

Cylinder holes are chamfered

More pics eventually but this is all for now..

gemini.jpg

Re: One of my dream guns off the must have list.

That is one sexy beast!! <wipes drool off of keyboard>

I have a weakness for 357 revolvers.

Man, that is such a beautiful revolver!

The barrel, the grain, the grip... every detail is superb!!! Congratulations!

Truly magnificent...!!

That revolver is everything I would want in a carry revolver. Small, powerful, DAO with a concealed hammer, and with those wood grips, just plain gorgeous. Very nice, congrats on an awesome looking revolver!

Thanks guys for the comments. I need to take some quality pics of the details on the gun when I get home.

That SP101.....

IS

SO

FULL

OF

WIN.

I'm somewhat of a wheelgun afficianado, and.....

I have never seen one anywhere that comes close to looking as good. It's PERFECT!

I think I'm feeling a bit jealous right about now.

That is one beautiful example of quality workmanship. I can't say I know mych about them but I do know it looks good to me.

Congrats!

Back