• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wow... Wrong parts=gun malfunction=gun is bad

All that guys problems were a function of replacing stock M&P parts and it obviously didn't work out well for him. :lol: You are right though about some sort of safety inspections or something to insure all these modifications don't screw with the safe operation of the weapon.

I own the M&P 9 and 9c ... love them both.

I removed the mag disconnect from my M&P 9c but otherwise I leave them alone or add items that dont effect the function

I completely replaced the trigger group on my XD40sc with an aftermarket match trigger group from PRP. I performed the minor fitting myself and I went through all the performance and safety checks before and after reassembling the pistol. Happy to say it functions a LOT better now...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I completely replaced the trigger group on my XD40sc with an aftermarket match trigger group from PRP. I performed the minor fitting myself and I went through all the performance and safety checks before and after reassembling the pistol. Happy to say it functions a LOT better now...

yeah but the trigger you replaced it with was made for your gun right? This clown was bending parts and putting in glock parts!

I've contemplated replacing the sear and some tigger parts on my M&P. But I just can't bring myself to do it because the trigger pull would go down to about 3 lbs. I just wouldn't feel safe with it as a carry gun if I did that since mine has no mechanical safety other than the glock style "safe trigger".

Yeah, that's a whole different can of worms this guy opened up.

Correct, the PRP replacement parts were made specifically for my model of pistol. The new pull on mine is a breath over 3 lbs, but it's a range gun and I don't ever plan on carrying it.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Sounds alot harder than what I did. I sent mine into the springfield custom shop. Got the barrel refitted for match grade accuracy (believe it or not it did make it more accurate) and a combat trigger job with internal overtravel adjustment. Now the trigger breaks at 4 pounds even and has very minimal reset.

Back