• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Rico, I used this NcStar rail. It has the advantage of having a sight groove down the middle so you can use the bead (or Bg Dot) sight with no problem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201964153970

I used a QD rail mount so I could dump the laser if it fails and quickly use the Big Dot sight. This mount has a locking lever and a locking adjustment screw.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162573872096

Both appear to be of good quality with a low cost.

I mounted my laser directly to the rail. It's also very low profile. This keeps it more in line with the bore axis, for better accuracy. Raising it up too high means you'll have to compromise when it comes to adjusting it.

IMG_20171105_112139.jpg

Suggestions for a top rail, it seems the one I got in today is a no go....Thanks!
Black aces tactical quad rail.(pic not from mine)
ef89ba100a761c2943811825d0e8bd86.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What is the size of the hex key holding the birds head grip on? I can't exactly take it into a hardware store and see which one fits it. Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, the little handstop was a no-go. I think maybe Mossberg knows best (sort of) in this case, so I'll just keep their strap on the Magpul, and maybe add some traction tape for the spot where my thumb rests. In other news, I'm going to SHOT 2018, so kind of excited about that.

After more range testing, I've encountered a problem w/my Magpul forend I don't know how to resolve.
As-is, I find it too slick for a secure hold during rapid fire. The MagGrips panels solve this, but recoil causes my fingers to start peeling a couple of the panels back.
I've tried the heat/reattachment treatment, but I'm not certain that's going to work in the long run.

For the moment I have the factory corncob installed (sans strap) and am looking at my sling/light options. It appears I can easily do an either/or, but not both the way I'd like.
I'd like the light on the left side where the switch is easily accessed, and I'd like a sling setup similar to what I use on my AR's (ie: no African carry for me).
Now, since this will be in my bedroom, if it ends up I can choose only one, I'm leaning towards a light being more practical than a sling (although I'd prefer to have both).

So, if I end up staying w/the factory corncob (I really wish the Hogue overmolded forend would work), I'm open to suggestions/advice as to how best do either both sling & light, or, barring both, would you choose light or sling-only?

Tomac

After more range testing, I've encountered a problem w/my Magpul forend I don't know how to resolve.
As-is, I find it too slick for a secure hold during rapid fire. The MagGrips panels solve this, but recoil causes my fingers to start peeling a couple of the panels back.
I've tried the heat/reattachment treatment, but I'm not certain that's going to work in the long run.

For the moment I have the factory corncob installed (sans strap) and am looking at my sling/light options. It appears I can easily do an either/or, but not both the way I'd like.
I'd like the light on the left side where the switch is easily accessed, and I'd like a sling setup similar to what I use on my AR's (ie: no African carry for me).
Now, since this will be in my bedroom, if it ends up I can choose only one, I'm leaning towards a light being more practical than a sling (although I'd prefer to have both).

So, if I end up staying w/the factory corncob (I really wish the Hogue overmolded forend would work), I'm open to suggestions/advice as to how best do either both sling & light, or, barring both, would you choose light or sling-only?

Tomac

Perhaps you should work on your technique.

As far as flashlight/sling mount, have you looked at something like this?

A product doesn't perform as it should during normal use and the problem is my technique??? Wow. Just wow.

Don't get offended. I actually copied and pasted that from a comment someone else made to me in this thread. Was curious to see how another member would react.

For what it's worth, I installed the Mossberg strap on my Magpul, and it seems to work well. Note that I took some of the slack out too. I'm considering Tractiongrips on the forend as well, but I already have two other projects to try them on first, so it may be a while before I get around to that.

Don't get offended. I actually copied and pasted that from a comment someone else made to me in this thread. Was curious to see how another member would react.
For what it's worth, I installed the Mossberg strap on my Magpul, and it seems to work well. Note that I took some of the slack out too. I'm considering Tractiongrips on the forend as well, but I already have two other projects to try them on first, so it may be a while before I get around to that.

Using the Mossberg strap on the Magpul forend, while not optimal, might be an idea worth looking into. Thx!

Using the Mossberg strap on the Magpul forend, while not optimal, might be an idea worth looking into. Thx!

Before you drill, experiment with the fore-aft placement of the screws. Determine where your hand is most comfortable, then have someone else hold the strap against it, so you can find the best location to produce just the right amount of slack. You've got more room to work with on the Magpul than on the factory forend.

[edit] And take a lighter to those sharp edges.

Back