• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I Will Call IT "DOC"!!!!

Sweet! "I'm Your Huckleberry", is awesome!

Re: AR Photo Thread

DaveinCT said:
This gun's brake was custom installed by a well know gunsmithing shop and my buddy said the brake is top quality, only markings on the top of the brake are "SF".

That looks like a SureFire muzzle brake. Nice RRA. I probably would have kept the Colt, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure both are great rifles.

Photothread!
IMG_1695.jpg

goosebob said:
DaveinCT said:
This gun's brake was custom installed by a well know gunsmithing shop and my buddy said the brake is top quality, only markings on the top of the brake are "SF".

That looks like a SureFire muzzle brake. Nice RRA. I probably would have kept the Colt, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure both are great rifles.

Only reason I sold the HBAR was that I got full price back for it seeing as I didn't shoot it yet. I've got a Colt M4 Carbine setup similar to the Rock River so I still have one Horse in the stable!! :)

Re: I Will Call IT "DOC"!!!!

Rossignol said:
Sweet! "I'm Your Huckleberry", is awesome!

i loved that line in the movie.....i actually use it often.

New look to my SCAR. Added a fore rail which I picked up cheap from a guy I met at the gun shop. He came over and installed it for me, thank god because the gun needed to be striped down completely to install that rail.. $200 rail I got for $80 installed. I'll be heading over his house in the morning and we are gonna unpin and refit the butt. He's a weapons instructor and has his stock on his SCAR completely collapsed whereas mine is pinned open to #6. I felt his and it was a real nice compact feel.

Threw the Beta mag on it for shits and giggles but that double drum works flawlessly..

What a beauty! I have to stop looking at this thread lol.

Looks good! Do you have any closer pics of the fore end?

Thing looks real mean with that BetaMag in there! :twisted:

goosebob said:
Looks good! Do you have any closer pics of the fore end?

Thing looks real mean with that BetaMag in there! :twisted:

Here are some updated pics. My buddy and I removed all the pins from the butt to make it adjustable and fit it to me perfectly which most common position being fully collapsed. Very nice tight fit now and everything is right where I need them.

My stock came with it pinned out to #6, feels much better tightened up. The Combat Bi-Pod is just for the display and isn't part of the normal setup..

Dave,

How does the fore-end extension affect the balance and wieght distribution? I like the added aesthetics, but the thing I like most about my SCAR is its balance. Does it make the rifle front heavy?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Dave,

How does the fore-end extension affect the balance and wieght distribution? I like the added aesthetics, but the thing I like most about my SCAR is its balance. Does it make the rifle front heavy?

The fore rail weighs next to nothing and with AFG foregrips I use it works out nice and gave me room for the light mount. Plus movin the stock in tight (about 4") on the back gave me back some of the counter weight. Had it out today and the groups @100 yards are awesome. I also yanked offf the Claymore Brake it came with and instaleed a medeviel Troy brake, shoots a nice X pattern flame!! :D The Black ACR I traded off had the same brake and I've been missing it and the Claymore brake is a PAIN to clean..

Thanks Dave,

I've been thinkin about adding the extension to mine to cover up some of that extra six feet of barrel stickin out the front. I just didn't want to spend $200 if it was going to throw off the rifle's balance.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Thanks Dave,

I've been thinkin about adding the extension to mine to cover up some of that extra six feet of barrel stickin out the front. I just didn't want to spend $200 if it was going to throw off the rifle's balance.

Balance is fine, the price isn't. Thank god my buddy knew I was his only hope in selling it and gave it to me for $80 installed and the installation was a major job.

She is one fine shooting rifle now especially with stock shortened on it..

Good to hear, I run mine close in on position 3. It's got a great feel to it and locks up nice and tight.

EL "DIABLO"

Well I bought a PWS DIABLO
7" piston upper is going on my POF Gen III

The Build specs are
PWS Diablo Upper with BMC Gunfighter CH, HK 416 Diopter Sight
POF GEN III With JP match Trigger and H1 Buffer and (ACE M4 SOCOM Stock once the Stamp comes in)
I will Duracaot it Once I get back form Austin

I have Troy battles sight on there mow I'm picking up the HK sights today off my buddy's HK 416
he can't run them with the M4 and NV so lucky me!

Now it's running around as a AR Pistol.. Sorry for the Crappy Cell pics.

Diablo2.jpg

Diablo.jpg

More PICS with the HK sights..

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

I also have "DOC" Torn apart waiting on the TROY Rail to show up that will also be a sweet rifle
BMC BHF 11.5 with young Chromed BCG and PRI gas buster CH and the Troy battle sights will be on the
Troy rail the lower is a Spikes Tactical with ST LPK and Magpul MIAD and I'm not sure on the stock
yet I may go with the Magpul UBR.. But That lower will be awhile on the paper work.

Re: EL "DIABLO"

Lookin sweet, I think the UBR will be great on it!!!

Re: not your dads M60

800 rounds in one pull of the trigger....shweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back