• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Uteman25

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Finally... So I got to shoot the SG last weekend for the first time. Went out and shot some clays with 7 1/2 birdshot. She shot flawlessly, no jams, failure to eject, ect. Also got to try out the short barrel, works great at close range. Now just need to get my hands on some buckshot and try...
  2. Uteman25

Handgun Recommendations and Advice...

Handgun Recommendations, Need Advice... Well I went with the XD9 :). Picked it up at a local gun show out the door for about $450 brand new with the "essentials" kit. Decided over the SR9 due to the ergos. The XD just felt better in my hand, I liked the all black look better as well. Hopefully...
  3. Uteman25

Handgun Recommendations, Need Advice... Does the compact XD shoot much differently than the full size you think? Besides the fact that it's a .40 instead of a 9mm? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Uteman25

Fiber Optic Sights

Anybody tried out the Winchester Kit from Wally World? Comes with like 3 or 4 different sizes depending on what application it's for. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Winchester-Sh ... t/16662953
  5. Uteman25

Handgun Recommendations, Need Advice... Well I was going to maybe rent some out from Doug's. But that would be nice of ya man to let me pop off a few rounds with yours! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Uteman25

Handgun Recommendations, Need Advice... Well funny you mention the M&P I was just checking those out today. They seem to be a little higher in the price range than I was looking into. I've heard great things about them tho. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Uteman25

Re: Handgun Recommendations, Need Advice... Yea I've compared the specs, the only thing the SR really lacks is the grip safety and the front serrations on the the slide the XD has, which isn't to big of deal for me not to have since the SR does have the manual safety switch. As far as the...
  8. Uteman25

Re: Handgun Recommendations, Need Advice... Ok, so I think I've narrowed it down to either the XD-9 or the SR-9. From what I've seen price wise they are similar so just looking for some personal preference from you guys? One thing that has me leaning towards the SR is the lower "bore axis" it...
  9. Uteman25

Re: Finally... Thanks! Yea I hope I never have to use Buck with the 18.5 barrel on :D . So I would assume then the recoil is quite a bit more with the shorter barrel?
  10. Uteman25

Grip for 88 Forend

Yes the arms. O I was just testing out that trigger lock. I only keep the BreechVault on it, a breeze taking it off quickly if needed, even in the dark (practiced ;) ).
  11. Uteman25

Grip for 88 Forend

I like that, thanks Tom! Found one one eBay as well for $43 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maverick-88-Mos ... vi-content I would still prefer however to have something a little more rubber grip like. Wasn't really planning on adding on any tactical accessories on the forend anytime soon, but...
  12. Uteman25

Grip for 88 Forend

I would like more of a "softer" rubber grip type modification. Anybody else have any DIY mods they have put on their Forend? Thanks!
  13. Uteman25

Grip for 88 Forend

That looks pretty sweet. What exactly is "stippling", other than wiki's def: "Stippling is the creation of a pattern simulating varying degrees of solidity or shading by using small dots. Such a pattern may occur in nature and these effects are frequently emulated by artists."? :D Is that...
  14. Uteman25

Grip for 88 Forend

So I know for the most part you cannot get aftermarket forend's for the Mav 88 without changing out the tube assembly, however does anyone make like a grip that slips over the stock forend? Just looking for something to give it a little extra grip without coming up with something homemade lol...
  15. Uteman25

Finally... Updated pic: 18.5in barrel, Limbsaver, simple shot sleeve Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Uteman25

Re: Handgun Recommendations, Need Advice... Sorry forgot the link! :oops: $425 http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad ... field%20XD
  17. Uteman25

Re: Handgun Recommendations, Need Advice... Yea I thought so. Also found this brand new one with the "Essentials Kit" from a local dealer. Not sure if it's really worth the extra $$$ though.
  18. Uteman25

Re: Handgun Recommendations, Need Advice... So I found this XD for $380, doesn't come with the case and stuff though :( Still a good deal right? He said he's put "around" 1000 rounds through it and had it for about 4 years. http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad ... FIELD%20XD
  19. Uteman25

Re: Handgun Recommendations, Need Advice... Well the more I look at the XD's the more I like them. Hopefully going to check some out this weekend. Found a shop that rents them out for $10 plus buy their ammo, so that should give me a better idea on which one. If S&W is still doing their $50...
  20. Uteman25

Re: Handgun Recommendations, Need Advice... Gotcha, thanks for filling me in! Thought I did something wrong! :D
Back