• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

140eog.jpg

a0hseo.jpg

Pics of the sweet grips! Makes it look totally cool!

Many thanks once again Rossignol!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet Joe!!! Youre right, totally different look, I really like it!

Glad you got em RipJack, I hope you find em useful! ;)

I'll be pickin up an R1 at some point in the future, but staying true to form I'm wait'n on the stainless model to hit the market...

p346338968-4.jpg

p269418919-4.jpg

:D

Can you believe it, I'm actually not gonna leave the wood grips on this one when I get it. I'll be goin with another set of ETC G10 panels from VZ Grips, this time in grey. It'll look a little something like this...

Ok, yeah... You got my attention!

Man, I've been thinkin of doin an arched MSH... or maybee a custom thats bobbed like the Kimber above. I really dont need one I dont think?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I'll be pickin up an R1 at some point in the future, but staying true to form I'm wait'n on the stainless model to hit the market...

p346338968-4.jpg

p269418919-4.jpg

Nice choice, I don't think you will be disappointed. Awesome looking gun. Shoots tight groups and the platinum service they offer is a nice perk.

My 2007 Taurus PT 1911 bought it used but couldnt pass it up it was the exact model i had been looking for.

Optional factory grips the reason i wanted it
1911s.jpg

Some aftermarket grips
sdc10090k.jpg

Those pics just plain scare me, what with the hammer being cocked back and all, like it's all dangerous and sinister; I got shivers just glancing at that PT1911......

Please don't tell me that it was loaded as well. My heart couldn't take the strain.

So much sexy in this hread. The 1911 is still on my must have list and this thread isn't making the choice any easier. lol

Spetsnaz Shovel said:
My 2007 Taurus PT 1911 bought it used but couldnt pass it up it was the exact model i had been looking for.

Optional factory grips the reason i wanted it
1911s.jpg

Some aftermarket grips
sdc10090k.jpg

Good lookin shooter SS...

We did quite a bit of shooting over the weekend, includiinng with the 1911!

I know I've mention some of the feed issues I've had with it in the past. After thoroughly cleaning the extractor, it got much better! It also seemed it needed to be cleaned and very thoroughly oiled after every single outing... I know some folks clean their firearms that regularly anyway, but I dont. I was also surprised at how oiled it needed to be, I mean WET with oil!

So we're shooting sunday. We had Winchester white box 230 gr. JHP and Federal HydraShok 165 gr. JHP. Not a single issue with FTF or FTE!!! Fired and ran flawlessly with every magazine and each round!

Until I put the 230 gr. FMJ ball ammo in it again. First magazine, FTE. So, no more ball ammo for my Springer Loaded A1.

Period. Dot. End of story.

Back