• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

Yeah, I've heard of some 1911s having FTL issues with JHPs and even rounds like Hornady Critical Defense, but most of them run FMJ ball ammo without issues. It's extra wierd that ball ammo is causing FTE issues. Ballpark, how many total rounds have you put through it so far?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Yeah,most of them run FMJ ball ammo without issues. It's extra wierd that ball ammo is causing FTE issue
Weren’t they designed around this fmj ball ammo ?

Ballparking... around 500? yeah, 500 max.

I know its weird. But the occassional issues I've had, have only been with FMJ ammo. Remington, Winchester and Federal. All 230 gr.

Rossignol said:
Ballparking... around 500? yeah, 500 max.

I know its weird. But the occassional issues I've had, have only been with FMJ ammo. Remington, Winchester and Federal. All 230 gr.

Typically new, stiff recoil springs or faulty extractors are the culprit when it comes to FTEs on a new handgun, but if that was the case your issues wouldn't be limited to ball ammo. You've got me on this one...

Its also used. It was made in 2002.

I recently talked to AC (who does all the cool paint on the sweet rifles and stuff) He mentioned the lighter loads like the HydraShok would quite possibly work well with a lighter recoil spring. Is it possible the recoil spring is sufficiently wore out that is has a hard time with the 230 gr.?

Nah... I shot a bunch of 230 gr. JHP's too.

It was def much worse before pulling the bolt and extractor and really really really getting those cleaned, there was so much residue on them! So its better. The last time we were out, we fired just the ball ammo, about 100 rounds and it happened I think twice. This time just once.

I dont know what to make of it. I guess we can do it all again and see if the result are the same or similar? I dont think that would break Allisons heart... if she lives long enough to ever shoot again.

Irritatin me.

Just ordered a TUFF Products "5 In-line" 1911 mag pouch...

Designed by Ichiro Nagata, the Tuff 5 In Line Magazine Pouch is unlike any other. An individual pocket for each magazine ensures they are secured nice and tight. The included flap attaches with Velcro and can be left in place for storage and transport. Remove the flap and attach the pouch to either your belt or MOLLE vest for quick access to additional ammunition. Made from double-layered, 1000 denier cordura and mil-spec webbing, these pouches are designed to take a beating.

Also available in an eight round model...

8 In Line Mag Pouch

Also have a half dozen extra mags on the way. MidwayUSA is selling their Springfield Armory 7rd .45acp 1911 mags for $13.99...

Springfield Armory Magazine 1911 Government, Commander 45 ACP 7-Round Steel Blue

These are some great mags for the price. I got two of them with my SA Mil-Spec and they've been flawless from the start.

Ugh... why are you doin this man... ? I was fine on not spendin any more money. I was.

Whatever dude, whatever... (I learned that from Allison!!!) "Whatever Dad..."

:D Its cool man...

I tell ya... I look at this stuff all the time. I mentioned in one of the other threads I had finally picked up a few things at the flea market to finish off my vest; Holster and magazine pouches for my Springer, the 25 shell pouch (which is actually carrying AR magazines) and... OH! I just got a Coast light with a pouch that has a strap on the back so it can attach to MOLLE webs!

I have a problem sorta. Like some women have a problem buyin shoes and purses. I like this gear and packs and boots and gloves... and when I think I'm finished and I'm lookin anymore, you started postin all this really sweet gear!!!

Its awesome lookin stuff LES! And now I'm lookin again cuz I still want ATACS... I dont need to be lookin anymore or Jennys gonna kill me!!! So I have to give you a hard time about it! :D That totally makes sense in my mind right now as I'm fallin asleep! ;)

Dude, I dont even know what thread we're in right now...

Yeah... half that last post didnt make sense to me this mornin.

Back