• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

2012 Build Project early Kick OFF!

The limiters don't exactly fall into the PERMANENT category do they?

That's up for debate...because if you take out the limiter..you have a non-functional magazine (pile of parts). The limiters have their own base plate and replace the factory base plate.

Ha! I was going to ask you if you belong to Calguns too. It is a very good site even if you are not in Cali. I have ordered from Exile for other repair kits but not for my 5.56. I have an Olympic Arms ( still on the east coast) at my brothers which I got in 1994 which is still N.I.B.,. I bought it when everyone said get one now or forget having one, then life got busy and set in the safe. The Ca. DOJ is very vague about their laws. The list that bans AR style, lists Olympic Arms but is says AR 15, CAR 15 and PCR, but my rifle is marked Model M.F.R., so some of the people on Calguns said I was good to go (still not sure) with a bullet button, but when I pick it up this summer I may just leave the stripped lower there and use my JD machine lower I got a while back. I am a little leary of calling the DOJ and ask them about it. I have dreams that they show up when I bring it into the state lol. Sorry for the long post I just wanted to explain what I was doing. Good luck on finishing the build.

Sounds like you're good to go after adding a "Bullet Button" and if your exact model number is not on the ban by name list. My HK SL8-1 is considered an assault weapon, because it has the combination of a thumb hole stock and detachable magazine, so I had to register it with the CA DOJ before 2001.

99% DONE!! The finished product will be used for 3 Gun, so the YHM-28a FH will be changed out for a Miculek or Rainier Arms XTC Comp and some type of optic will be used.

Build consist of:
Aero Precision Upper and Lower Recv.
Surplus Ammo and Arms BCG/Charging Handle
Palmetto State Armory Lower Build Kit w/Magpul MOE Stock/Grip and PSA Mil-spec Buffer Tube
Magpul ASAP and MIAD Grip
Yankee Hill Machine: Low Profile Gas Block and Rifle Length Diamond Series Free Float Forearm
Rainier Arms 5.56 1:8 416R Stainless Steel Match Grade 16" Barrel, Mid Length Gas system
Heckler and Koch SL8-1 Sights
California Compliant "Bullet Button" Mag release

IMG_4960.JPG

IMG_4961.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4990.JPG

IMG_4995.JPG

:shock: Ooooooooooooh, I just got chills!

Beautiful work Sir. That looks like one helluva fine rifle...

I took my first AR build project on her maiden voyage today, ran about 200 rounds and she ran flawlessly! Even in the cold temps with rain and snow coming down on her! I wish I took pics and a video, but my camera isn't weather proof. This will be my 3 Gun Comp rifle, so I will need to build another soon as my beater carbine AR....I'm HOOKED!!!!

To finish this rifle, I will be adding a battery assist lever, a comp to replace the flash hider, ALG Defense ALG Combat Trigger with reduce power JP springs and probably a Nikon M-223 scope.

SoCal,
I have always been confused by this, can you explain how you load/change the mags when the rifle is CA compliant?

I really like that rifle and AR's usually almost all look the same to me so nice job standing out from the crowd!

Whats that little stubbie thing hanging out of the mag well ? lol

oli700 said:
I really like that rifle and AR's usually almost all look the same to me so nice job standing out from the crowd!

Whats that little stubbie thing hanging out of the mag well ? lol

Thanks Oli, but sorry you had to see that stubbie thing :cry:

In California, I'm limited to 10 round max capacity....unless I have pre-ban magazines.

Back