• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.308 ammo score.

tcecil88

.30-06
Elite Member
I went and visited a buddy of mine that I have not seen for several years. We were pretty tight back in the day and I was really excited to see him.
Anywho, both of us have pretty good sized gun collections and he brought out his AR to show me. Bought all the parts and built it himself. He asked if I had any spare parts laying around, which I usually do, so I told him what I had and he said that he had a bunch of .308 ammo that he did not have a gun for and would like to trade parts for ammo.
Now, I just happen to have that brand spankin new Remmy 700 Tactical AAC-SD .308 and my H&R .308, but I have a very limited supply of ammo for them. Needless to say, he had peaked my interest.
We made arrangments for another visit and 2 weeks later I went down with all the spare AR parts I could scrounge up. About $250 worth of parts I figured. He took almost everything and we set down at the kitchen table and commenced to installing parts. Magpul CTR OD green stock with dual sling attachment adapter, Badger Ordanance ambi selector switch and extended charging handle, Tru-Glo 4x IR Mil-dot scope with rings and a carry handle scope mount. Also a dual rail adapter for his front sight post.
When it was all said and done, I left with the following ammo;
1 box of Hornady Light Magnum 150 gr. BTSP.
5 boxes of Federal Premium 168 gr. BTSP hunting rounds for the H&R.
and 22 boxes of Federal Gold Match 168 gr. Sierra Match King.
for a grand total of 560 rounds of quality .308 ammo. :eek:
If you think I ripped him off (which I thought I was), according to him, I did not. He still had 7000 rounds of 7.62 NATO for his 2 CETME rifles. He says his rifles shoot the NATO rounds better so he did not need nor want the .308. Said it was taking up too much room in his safe. :)

Thats well over $500 worth of ammo at pre panic prices. Some are asking close to $50 a box for match king at this time. You should have a warrent out for your arrest.

RAL

^^ :lol: ^^
Oh, I am sure that Big Brother is watching me. Anyone posting a good ammo score or firearm purchase is probably flagged by some watch group.
Oh, well. I am just glad to have a good friend that likes to trade. One of these days, the positions will be reversed, and I will return the kindness. That's what good buds do.

tcecil88 said:
^^ :lol: ^^
Oh, I am sure that Big Brother is watching me. Anyone posting a good ammo score or firearm purchase is probably flagged by some watch group.
Oh, well. I am just glad to have a good friend that likes to trade. One of these days, the positions will be reversed, and I will return the kindness. That's what good buds do.

Oh I would have done it too! Its what he wanted and it works out for both, good deal. As to flagged these days...I would not be surprised if pretty much anyone on these boards is on somebodies radar. :cry:

RAL

tcecil88 said:
When it was all said and done, I left with the following ammo;
1 box of Hornady Light Magnum 150 gr. BTSP.
5 boxes of Federal Premium 168 gr. BTSP hunting rounds for the H&R.

Holy effin' God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMKs in a Tactical Remmy bolt gun is good ju-ju.

tcecil88 said:

:shock: I had to read that twelve times before I believed my eyes!!! :shock:

My 700 AAC-SD absolutely loves this stuff. It's scary consistent...

That's good to know guys. I had read that it was good stuff, but to hear it from people with experience just validates it.

Just be prepared.

If you walk up on your target and only see one hole it's not 'cause you missed twice... :D

Back