• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

3rd wheel

Yep, that's a little like what I feel like in this group. Im just a girl who likes guns but doesn't know all the technical stuff. With that being said I feel like I don't really contribute to the group like many of you. I can't answer technical questions and my posts are normally off topic (i.e. new dog, pink licence plates, pink guns that are cute, lol).... so I know I'm probably more of a nuisance than a helpful member. But I still enjoy coming in to BS and I read all the posts and have learned a lot! Anyway, not a pity party at all, just wanted to say thanks for including me and treating me equally, and thanks for all the jokes that sometimes make my day better after cleaning Poo off of 4 kids' butts all day, and thanks for sharing all your knowledge. I love this group and all of the active members that I feel like I have known for years! :mrgreen: Alright, I'm done with the sappy stuff... ill leave with this:

10 reasons men choose guns over girls:

#10 -You can trade in an old 44 for a new 22...
#9 -You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you are on the road...
#8 -If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times...
#7 -Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup...
#6 -Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo...
#5 -A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space...
#4 -A gun functions normally every day of the month...
#3 -A gun doesn't ask, 'Do these grips make me look fat?'...
#2 -A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it... .
..AND...the #1 reason a gun is favored over a woman............... YOU CAN BUY A SILENCER FOR A GUN!!!
:lol:

We all gotta start some where. No one ever know everything just by getting into a hobby, although some think they do. Plus, we gotta have someone around here to keep our manly egos in check!

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
I'm probably more of a nuisance than a helpful member. But I still enjoy coming in to BS and I read all the posts and have learned a lot!:
Don’t think that. Just being an active member, giving your opinion and asking questions is all anyone can expect. You would never know but you’ve put a smile on my face more than once, this world could use more girls who love guns.

oli700 said:
GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
I'm probably more of a nuisance than a helpful member. But I still enjoy coming in to BS and I read all the posts and have learned a lot!:
Don’t think that. Just being an active member, giving your opinion and asking questions is all anyone can expect. You would never know but you’ve put a smile on my face more than once, this world could use more girls who love guns.
+1 to that! It has been great having you as part of our community and all of us having different backrounds is what makes sites like this such a resource.

Relax, you fit in just fine. Even if you don't answer the questions, you bring your own persepctive to a discussion. I for one am happy to see your avatar around.

Awe, you guys are the best!! I guess I worry too much and really I don't care what you all think....just kidding. :D I heart you all! ;)

cool its a healthy relationship, you dont care what we think and we dont care what you are blabbering about

[quote="

10 reasons men choose guns over girls:

#10 -You can trade in an old 44 for a new 22...
#9 -You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you are on the road...
#8 -If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times...
#7 -Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup...
#6 -Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo...
#5 -A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space...
#4 -A gun functions normally every day of the month...
#3 -A gun doesn't ask, 'Do these grips make me look fat?'...
#2 -A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it... .
..AND...the #1 reason a gun is favored over a woman............... YOU CAN BUY A SILENCER FOR A GUN!!!
:lol:[/quote]

#10 -A new 22 won't be nearly as satisfying as an experienced 44!
#9- If you have one at home you don't need another on the road.
#8-He can let someone else "try it out" and lose it altogether!
#7--good for the goose-good for the gander
#6- who cares?
#5- he can have as much closet space as he wants-I own the bedroom!
#4- sorry-guns malfunction also.
#3- Guns look terrible with the wrong "furniture"
#2- If you don't care for it "afterwards", don't expect much the next time you try to use it!
#1- You can buy a silencer- BUT IT WILL COST YOU!!

Lets do car comparisons next!!!

newer model?
something a little faster?
bucket seats rather than bench seats?
something not requiring body work?
lower miles?

Anymore? Ooops, off topic, apologies!

Rossignol said:
Lets do car comparisons next!!!

newer model?
something a little faster?
bucket seats rather than bench seats?
something not requiring body work?
lower miles?

Anymore? Ooops, off topic, apologies!
Haha....good one! I really wish I had a good comeback right about now.

BLOe1.png

For the ladies:

10 Reasons Women Prefer Guns Over Men

1. You can easily trade that snubby in for something with a longer barrel.
2. You can keep a gun clean with a little Hoppe's and some elbow grease.
3. A gun never complains about the fit of its holster.
4. A gun doesn't need to watch a bad Western on video before you take it to the range.
5. Too many rounds and shots over the years don't cause the trigger guard to grow and sag.
6. You can carry a gun in your pants all day without it becoming a pest.
7. A gun doesn't complain if you want to spend more than 15 minutes at the range.
8. Emission of noxious gases is always under your control.
9. A gun doesn't call you a tease after you do a bit of dry fire.
10. A gun doesn't need to take a nap after each shot.

And for Rossi:

10 Reasons Men Choose Cars Over Women

1. Cars have warning lights when something is wrong. Girls become monosyllabic and walk faster.
2. You can dress up your car the way you want.
3. A car is more straightforward to lubricate.
4. Cars will never tell you to dress up if you’re going out with a group in the evening.
5. When the car’s speaker is loud, you can lower the volume. Or mute it!
6. Cars don’t ask you if they look fat.
7. Cars don’t ask why you haven’t introduced them to your mother.
8. Cars don’t need to go to the restroom together and compare notes.
9. It’s less expensive to upgrade a car’s bumpers.
10. Cars are more likely to get along with your male buddies.

DHonovich said:
oli700 said:
GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
+1 to that! It has been great having you as part of our community and all of us having different backrounds is what makes sites like this such a resource.

amen
we each bring our own style to a forun like this and as the scope broadens we will bring more people to our sport and way of thinking.

there maybe a young lady checking in without registering and seeing your post will encourage her to do the same you are asset to the board and I am glad you are here..... :D .

yes..this is definitely a co-ed forum...and lady 777 also contributes valuable info as well... we can't leave her out of this mix!

I'm late to the love fest, but I had to chime in.

You are truly a valued member of MO. A healthy community is made up of many different individuals all contributing a bit of their own personality to the group. The key to a successful forum is members like you who continue to visit and post content that stimulates other members to respond. Internet boards are packed full of members who sign up, post once or twice, and disappear. Mossberg Owners has made a reputation as not only a great place for infomation on the brand, but as a place where folks can come hang out, exchange witty banter, and just be themselves. You are definitely an important part of our community and have contributed more than you realize.

So keep up the good work, we just need you to keep being you. Think of it this way, sometimes a third wheel makes things a lot more stable...

Back