What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 Mariner

marinervin

Copper BB
New to sight hope I do this right. Poetry Ha..

Ok. I have the 500 Mariner for boat and home defense. Since I am home more than at sea I am trying to set up the gun with a light, red dot, and or ghost ring and a pistol grip collapsable stock. Much of my problem is with the sight. I do not want to buy a new barrel with the sight mounts as of yet. I can not (do not want to) drill my stainless since that will ruin it. If all is lost I will buy a barrel with either a picatinny rail or ghost ring. I would like to have both a red dot and ring option. This is getting winded. Sorry. As far as a light I am looking at the foregrip and light combo set up (aim point I think). There are a few options on the scope to be used with the stainless barrel. As far as a dot sight I have some interest in the Burris line. Are there any stainless dot sights? Not sure what is good or bad or easy to install. I am very handy and have no fear of attempting something.

So all feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vinny

download.jpg

This is made by Eotech.

As far as red dot sights you get what you pay for. Not a huge fan of burris especially for the purpose you want it. Vortex is excellent for the price range.

Do you want a stainless RDS just to match the finish? Because a lot of them are aluminum which of course isn't going to rust. If the receiver is tapped like on other 500s all you need to mount optics is a rail.

Sorry but I don't have any input on ghost ring sights but there are plenty of no smithing required front sight options

An email sale flyer I got from Optics Planet says they have Vortex products on sale tomorrow (11/16).