• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

88 Camouflaged

The great thing Is it only took me about a half hour. I did my ATR 30.06 first and I loved the way that looked, so I took a pic and sent it to a friend, next thing I knew he was over with his shotgun, I wasn't sure if I could do a shotgun, so I told him let me try mine first. Well Needless to say I did his also.

Would you mind posting the colors you used I see it's rustoleum thanks in advance! Looks really cool!

Very nice. I love the DIY camo jobs.

@rdm76mav88 I used "Deep Forest Green, Brown and Khaki" first I laid a base coat down using the Green and went on from there. I've been watching Youtube videos and reading up on how to do it and was very unsure of myself. My ATR 30.06 was supposed to have been Tiger striped using tape as my stripes and that didn't look good at all, so I decided to go ahead and free hand it and the pic's are the outcome of it. I would have to say that once you have the gun looking the way you want it, go ahead a get yourself a can of Rust-Oleum Clear matte, to protect the camo.

A true artist at work!
perfect10.gif

I have done"Krylon Camo" to 2 of my shotguns and loved the final product.
Your gun looks GREAT!
The best thing about Kyrlon on a hunting gun is after a HARD HUNT if the gun gets a scratch, touch up is a piece of cake.

Whats the prep work like that goes into a spray can paint job. I know you gotta sand it but with what grit? Do you have to prime it?

Sand it?
NAH!
I disassembled it, sprayed some fantastic on the parts and wiped it dry.
Mostly just de-greasing the parts.
I taped up what I did not want to get paint on.
Sprayed away!
I hunt hard with my guns and shoot a lot of skeet with them as well.
They are not babied in any way and the paint is standing up to my rough treatment.

12ga.
577064_4184487044724_881656999_n.jpg

20ga.
21123_4306114885344_1091832761_n.jpg

Nice JOB there LBT45...

@Crappiepro what I did was first is I put on some latex gloves and then I cleaned the outside of the gun with a degreaser, then taped the areas that I didn't want any paint on or in. I then laid a base coat of paint (in mine I put down Hunter Green as the base). I would also be mindful of where your going to do this and how your going to do this. I placed my rifles on top of two bricks which had a pair of old white socks on top of them. I did that so I would't scuff the new paint, once one side was dry I flipped it over and did the other side.

Last edited:
Back