• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Alaska Fire 2013

camera is a little broken inside so the vids look shaky some ......didn't know at the time

Turn up the volume on this one

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNV6Z1rRpoI[/youtube]

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I turned up the volume, but I couldn't hear anything over all the mosquitoes buzzing... :lol:
:lol:

nitesite said:
So did you smear on all the mud right before the photo was taken or is it just Photoshopped? ;)

LOL....have you ever experienced melting permafrost ?.........self spreading :lol:

Whoever decided it would be neat to make a mosquito...needs to be slapped....with a chair....to the side of the face.

I can't think of one! They've been awful bad this summer because of our warmer weather. I was actually happy for a little overcast and sprinkles today... only half a face full of blood suckers :D

aksavanaman said:
only half a face full of blood suckers :D
:lol: .......man, after the rain it seems to really get them going though.

On the flight home I won some flight wings because I knew the Alaska state insect......the 4 spotted dragon fly

They were awesome , one would come in for recon. If you had enough bugs around you then soon you had 10 dragonflies flying all around you just scarfing out on skeets and black flies, wings just falling out of the sky as they ate

Nice! I love dragonflies. I have bunches of em around here, but that's cuz there's so many skeeters... :roll:

Yep, I like dragon flies too.

I like bars with a play on words for the name. That is some logo on the left of the sign.

It looks like you got a great band of guys with you.

Thanks for posting up the pics Oli!

thats the operations section of team 1...

the inn is exactly halfway between Fairbanks and Nenana, the owners name is Dick and he is skinny lol

The name of our fire was Skinny Dick's but they changed it to Skinny's Rd

Not sure if you ever heard it (probably have since the chain gang reference), but Sam Cooke had a popular song by that name.

I usually enjoyed listening to him sometimes.

John A. said:
Not sure if you ever heard it (probably have since the chain gang reference), but Sam Cooke had a popular song by that name.

I usually enjoyed listening to him sometimes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBn5aIfZElE[/youtube]

Back