• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Some AR build I've done

Saltmarsh said:
Good eye, on the Oly. I would rather roll my own, than take a factory as well.

You and me both. There are lots of good brand choices out there, but after building my own uppers and lowers, I'm more partial to mine.

As for noticing the Oly, it's second nature. I'm one of the moderators at OA2.org (The olympic arms owners site). Great group of knowlegable guys over there.

And much like here for friendly atmosphere and unlike other forums, no one bashes any particular brand even if it isn't made by Olympic. I own lots of other brands too. :lol:

Just incredible.

You've got a very interesting collection. Do you build them for others or have you kept them all for yourself?

Looks like you enjoy shooting iron sights. So do I.

What rear BUIS would you recommend. I'm leaning toward a Troy for one of my rifles.

Awesome, Saltmarsh!!!!!!

Thank you nitesite. I've been working on firearms since 1987, I started with hot rodding paintball, and BB guns. :lol: Yeah I know, pretty weak, but you have to start somewhere. I took apart and reassembled every gun I could.
The pictures.....I worked for a shop, most of the weapons were built for customers. I like iron sights less is more with me. KISS is my way of thinking, and shooting. I like the A.R.M.S 40LP for a rear sight.

:shock: :eek: :shock: Damn, I think the drool's about to short out my keyboard!

Nice work brother...

Thank you Sir,

I discovered very quickly that it's highly addictive...

Some good lookin' builds there Salt...well done !!

+1 rep for ya !

Thank you shooter. Ok heres a question, what is the rep system, how does it work, and can I give reps back?

Thank you sniper, but I am not authorized to view that link, is what I get when I click it. I did Rep you and shooter. This honestly has to be the most civil board I have visited, I really enjoy it.

I did not build this, but it is one of my favorite pictures. :D
Jenn50cal.jpg

Re: AR Photo Thread

I had this Tan MIAD grip laying around along with the Tango Down foregrip and decided to throw them on my Spikes. I'm on the fence as to whether I wanna pursue this route or go black and stay black.

Be honest, wadda ya think???

And the Leupold Mark AR, great scope so far..

The tan looks good, the AR is "The Mr Potatoe Head" of firearms. I have seen a lot of ARs, and I can only recall a handfull that I said ugh...ok. Yours is not one of those, nice job on the color choice. Ever think of coating it, dura, or cera?

I've seen a lot of rattle can paint jobs (Krylon) that look great, you could try that with yours if you are so inclinded. The paint wears off in spots sure, but it shows useage. With the tan, use some creative schemes with paint and patterns and you might be surprised.

The most important thing is training, well besides quality parts. Shoot it, keep it wet (oil) and run the ever loving life out of it, rebuild, and repeat. Is that a BDC Retical, if so what grain 55? Federal Black Box XM193 runs really well in barrels 1:9 twist, I use 1:7 twist and have had good results with it as well.

It looks like you have a YHM barrel on it, most of them I have seen have the 1:9 twist, the heavier bullets will work, you just have to keep an eye on your groups. Not all barrel twist rates are perfect, some can fall in between. Find a round your gun likes and go with it. Oh yeah, the tan looks good, go with it. ;)

I shoot my AR's often and know them well, besides this one which I've only had for less than 2 weeks. I'm bringing it with me tomorrow night when I serve as Safety officer for the club I belong to. I use primarily XM193 with my AR's and have had very good results with it at a decent price to boot.

Tan furniture may have a chance but I won't be spray painting my AR's any time soon. Only color option I would except would be a professionally done dura-coat..

Very cool, duracoat looks great. I've seen a few AR's in tan that looked really top notch. Yes that ammo is very nice for the price. Congrats on a new addition to your collection.

Dave, my (personally owned) patrol rifle is OD green and black. I've really warmed up to two-tone ARs and bought my rifle rather than its all-black twin right next to it.

I like your tan/black rifle very much! I wouldn't change the color.

Thanks for all the reply s fellas. I'm gonna stick with it for now.

As for the olive drab nitesite, I have an Olive drab MIAD kickin around too!!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back