• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AR Photo Thread

OD looks great on anything. Man you all are making me want to start another build. ;) Ok focus..... M590A1 for the wife......No more AR's

^^^^LOL!!!! :lol:

I had the spikes out this afternoon with me while I served my Range Safety Officer duties. Pouring rain but still managed to spend about 4 hours out with it , the AK74 and my 9 shot 590A1. Everything shot great and everything is dialed in to my liking. The spikes is throwing up some nice tight groups and very happy with it. A few buddies of mine came while I was there and they too loved the color scheme. I put about 30 slugs, a handfull of 00 Buck and a box of 25 #8 birdshot through the 590A1, what a beast a true beast.. :evil:

Good to go, if it aint raining, we aint training. ;) Good to hear you put some down range. The Jedi mind trick.....Yes I DO need another AR. Something short, colorfull, and spartan.

Some day I want to build a Dissipator upper. Any of you builders out there with any ideas, let's start a thread. Whaddaya say?

... something spartan and colorful.... Here's one of mine that I think fits that description.

RRA_AR15.jpg

nitesite said:
Some day I want to build a Dissipator upper. Any of you builders out there with any ideas, let's start a thread. Whaddaya say?

... something spartan and colorful.... Here's one of mine that I think fits that description.

RRA_AR15.jpg
where did you find a curved 20 round mag? thats odd....

nitesite said:

RRA_AR15.jpg

I like it, similar to the color scheme LAZY is using on his new Spikes build.

M4 A3 patrol spotted at Walmarts

m4 A3

Yesterday when I was at walmart buying something i checked the guns to see what they had and in the carousel was an M4A3 patrol rifle priced at 944.00. That seems like a good price for an M4. Has anyone purchased one of these? Who are they made by? Are they any good? I am thinking of saving up some more cash and buying one if they are any good.

Re: M4 A3 patrol spotted at Walmarts

tnxdshooter said:
m4 A3

Yesterday when I was at walmart buying something i checked the guns to see what they had and in the carousel was an M4A3 patrol rifle priced at 944.00. That seems like a good price for an M4. Has anyone purchased one of these? Who are they made by? Are they any good? I am thinking of saving up some more cash and buying one if they are any good.

Sorry Bro. I think we have the 'K-mart' version of Wally World out here. I haven't seen any M4's or anything even close - not even an air-soft version, at our stores. :roll:

As for the make of the ones at your store, maybe you can ask to see one, snap a picture or two, and post it. Also note the manufacturer. That would give us a chance to identify and give you some opinions on those rifles.

$944 isn't a bad price, depending on make and model. But it isn't the best price I've seen for store bought M4's either.

For that kind of coin, I'd be more willing to suggest that you:

1 - save that money up and use it to buy the parts you want and build it yourself.
2 - save the money up and buy a stripped lower and parts kit, assemble the lower and buy a fully assembled upper of your choice.
3 - again, save that money up, buy an assembled lower receiver, and an assembled upper receiver that you like, and put them together.
4 - shop Gun Broker, local gun shops, etc. and compare prices to that $944 model at Wally World.

Building one is NOT rocket science, and there are several members on here who have built their own and can answer most questions. The other plus to building one, even if it is something as simple as putting an assembled lower and an assembled upper together is - you LEARN more about the gun. IF it's your first AR, building might seem intimidating - but again, it's all up to you - it's your money.

Try to find out more about these guns that you saw, take a few pictures if you can, and I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you some feedback.

Mr. E

I believe a simple phone call to that Wal-Mart Sporting Goods counter would provide you (and us) with a Make and Model Number. I'd love to walk inta a WM and find reloading stuff like they have in some Wal-Marts!!!o

Yeah I didnt ask while there cuz I was in a hurry. Im definitely going to check into it.

depending on brand and options, it might not be a bad price.
need more information on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back