• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice!
Remember a happy wife is a happy life :lol:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Well, the Mrs. saw me browsing through the 715T section and a photo of one of the fake cans caught her eye. "What's that?" ...a fake suppressor/barrel shroud. "What's it do?" ...nothing, they just want their rifles to 'look cool'. "I want mine to look cool". ...you don't need one. "Pouts and walks away."

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you a 'cool looking' AR-22...

Anyone here use the anti-rotation pins on their AR's? In all the years I have never had trigger/hammer pin problems. Yet I see alot of pics on the AR forums with these pins. If someone here would enlighten me on the use of these, I would appreciate it.

Most of my ARs have 'em.

My preferred LPK comes with the KNS anti walk/rotation pins so I've always used them. My factory Bushmaster is the only one that doesn't have them and I've never had any issues with the pins walkin out...

Finally received the parts I've been waiting on and was able to assemble the lower for the new DPMS AP4 .22lr upper...

Dressed it up in a set of Coyote Brown furniture from Cavalry Arms and topped it off with a Magpul rear MBUS and RVG...

I always liked coyote tan a lot better than FDE.

Just something about the coyote on black that was always pleasing to the eye. And it matches better in my woods too.

Coyote Tan has it's place too... FDE is sexy in the thick woods of PA ;) Speaking of which, Gander Mountain has a FDE Glock in 45 GAP for $699.99.... Beautiful Pistol but holy heck of a wallet thumper! lol

Still a nice AR regardless of personal position on color ;)

OK - so I just want to vent. I live in NY. Just prior to the lovely (illegal) ban imposed by "Gov" Coumo, I had been shopping/researching AR15's. But now, I can no longer purchase an AR while I live in NY. Couldn't even get my hands on one all through November and December of 2012.

I actually had my hands on a Rock River Operator in October but wasn't yet ready to buy. Missed my one and only chance and I can't tell you how pissed off I am about it now.

This entire thread is brutal to read. (not that I'm jealous. (I actually am jealous!))

You makes me realize how blessed I am to live in a free state. I feel for ya bud! I thought I had it bad with high ammo prices, its nothing compared to what your going thru.

Sent from my DROIDX

I went to my LGS yesterday and looked around a bit. It was the same place I had my hands on that Rock River. The shop looks so different now with the racks and display cases showing mostly bolt action rifles and shotguns.

When I pulled out of the lot to go home I actually had a bit of a sick feeling that this is the way things are now and that I really have missed my last opportunity.

JT, I'm sorry for ya man. People in nearly every state are tryin to pass similar bills.

You can always leave NY. I've heard of a number of folks leavin NY and CA as well for free-er states.

I just heard advertised on the radio yesterday a place somewhat locally, west of cincy has or had Knights Armament rifles in stock. They've been gettin them in fairly regularly, though they don't last long.

I know it doesn't sound the least bit reasonable to say just pack up and move. We'll keep hopin and prayin that the fascists who want to micro manage every aspect of your lives don't make it through another reelection and someone moore sensible gets voted in and pushes to overturn the stupidity.

Brad,

Thanks for the words of empathy man.

My kids are in high school now. If not for that we would be actively looking to move. I had mentioned in another thread (where to move) that my company also has offices in North Carolina. Been talkin' to the wife about relocating there as soon as the kids are settled on college plans. So within 3-4 years we'll be out of here for good.

I may even head down there early to establish residency.

As soon as I get there two things happen immediately:
1) Set up my shop for wood working and include some gunsmithing capability
2) Buy a rifle or three

After that, who knows. But I'll enjoy the rifle, the shop and a less expensive cost-of-living.

Thanks for nuthin' NY

Just added a new member to my growing family..... :cool:

Smith & Wesson M&P15 MOE MAGPUL SPEC SERIES

IMG_20130326_203717_zps88e8bada.jpg

MAGPUL stamp
IMG_20130328_191136_zps838f281a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back