• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about hitting with a matte clear coat. Not sure if it would help.
To be honest, I don't see it holding up very well but we will see. I'll keep you updated.

I was gonna use camo tan in either krylon or rustoleum for the butt stock on my build any suggestions? I know to clean it well but what about some adhesion promoter?

That's the beauty of rattle can paint jobs. You can just touch it up when it starts to rub in spots or hit the whole thing again when you feel like it needs a new look for minimal cost. Nothing screams noob though like a freshly painted gun so leave those worn down spots alone. Show em off with pride. :D

Last edited:
I like things better with wear marks. I like to use what I buy haha.

rdm76
I lightly sanded all the painted parts. Wash everything off, wiped it down really good and cleaned it with alcohol pads.

Shes done finally.

Well at least for finally being fully functional. The aimpoint, free floating rail, better trigger etc.... are future upgrades. I can't wait to get her feet wet. They did an ok job of cleaning up the pin and weld over. I like it obvious that it is pinned though. No doubt if anyone decided they wanted to give it a look. He also informed me that he used some rockset as well. Its not going anywhere.

I'm happy with this for now. I just wish I had the bayonet to slap on the end of this 14.7 upper :D The only thing I'm not entirely sure of yet is if I like this Magpul flashlight mount arrangement. We shall see.

Last edited:
If you don't like the light up so high, turn the mount down and turn the light around so it shines from the bottom.

That's at least how I prefer mine.

Added a VRS-T hand guard.
ege2ata8.jpg

2yna9e8a.jpg

5e7anahu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@mark.yandell.71 That VRS handguard is interesting looking. Thanks for sharing.

@oli700 , les and john Thanks.

If all goes well I should be able to hit up the range later today. I can't stand it being squeaky clean. It needs a little carbon buildup lol.

Finally. Shots down range. Im super pleased. Gun functioned perfectly. We shot at 50 yards. Surprisingly the front iron and rear flip sight were almost spot on. We got to the range really late and had very minimal time to shoot it before they were about to shut down for the day. I'll have to properly zero it next time out.

Also had my friend and his wife tag along. He wants an AR badly now.

But this is encouraging. She WANTED to shoot it and see what all the fuss was about. I'm proud of her. She actually hit paper and admitted it wasn't that bad (recoil wise). So maybe he might get one after all. I'm a bad influence she says. Guilty as accused lol.

Jury is still out with the limited trigger time I actually had. I most definitely need to get back out there but so far so good. Hardly fouled but what little there was on the bolt cleaned up with ease. I'm glad I opted for the NIB bolt group. Actually the magpul light mount seems alright after all. I'm gonna keep it on there. Gotta start saving pennies towards that Aimpoint up top. For what it is the parts kit trigger was alright. I still think I'd like to upgrade that as well in the near future. Over all I'm really pleased with the path I chose on this one and I think as it continues to evolve its going to provide me excellent service.

Last edited:
...But this is encouraging. She WANTED to shoot it and see what all the fuss was about. I'm proud of her. She actually hit paper and admitted it wasn't that bad (recoil wise). So maybe he might get one after all. I'm a bad influence she says. Guilty as accused lol...

Aside from the potential bad press people hear from the communist media, there is really no reason someone should be "afraid" of the AR. My kids initially were timid but warmed right up to it after some "forced*" trigger time. I think the flame and shock wave from a bystander's viewpoint could be concerning but once behind the sights, it is a piece of cake! :D

*ie: "You try this gun now or we are leaving!" (the range). ;)

need about 3 more inches of mag hanging out of that baby......I actually like bench shooting with a smaller mag too though. Glad it went well

need about 3 more inches of mag hanging out of that baby......I actually like bench shooting with a smaller mag too though. Glad it went well
I've got plenty of 30 rounders. At this particular range they don't allow any standing to shoot so knowing that I brought mainly the 20 rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back