• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great no matter what someone wants you to call it. I can't remember what all the "dissipator" specs were. I think a rifle length gas system, full length standard hand guard, and an A2 front sight gas port.

Long as you're happy with it is all that matters. It's your gun.

It only matters if anyone else likes it if you ever decide to sell it ;)

I can't remember what all the "dissipator" specs were. I think a rifle length gas system, full length standard hand guard, and an A2 front sight gas port.

A dissipator upper allows for a rifle length sight radius on a carbine length barrel.

To accomplish this, a carbine length gas system is hidden under a full, rifle length handguard which typically terminates into a non-functioning A2 style gasblock front sight post. This allows for adequate dwell time before the projectile leaves the barrel since a full rifle length gas system on a carbine length barrel would not produce enough back pressure to cycle the action.

In any case, I think that is a fine rifle you put together @Awastatyme . Enjoy it...

Some of the ARF com folks are .............

Yea lets just leave it at that. Your always gonna have those types that think if it isn't exactly configured a certain way or have a specific rollmark that they think is top tier then everything else must be utter crap. That just means more good deals for the rest of us. Personally I like your choice of a shorter handguard. Unless you intend to populate all that rail space with widgets why have so much?

Your always gonna have those types that think if it isn't exactly configured a certain way or have a specific rollmark that they think is top tier then everything else must be utter crap. QUOTE]

You see this on all kinds of boards...except here!;) Like JohnA said:
"Long as you're happy with it is all that matters. It's your gun"

Last edited:
I am banned from ar15.com lol. I didn't send money same day to a purchase I made on there. I was at SHOT show no less when they banned me.

Yup.

There's a spur at the rear of the bolt carrier that directs energy downward into an angled tube, very similar to the buffer system on the 930...

Does this make the system less reliable in any way. How does this effect the recoil of the rifle ? Just asking questions out loud.

I wouldn't think so.

These type of buffer systems don't have any outstanding reliability issues that I am aware of. Not sure about any reduction in felt recoil. Not really much to reduce with .223/5.56 and 7.62x39 is reasonably tame to begin with as well...

I presume this is only available online for the time being. Its an interesting rifle. I may have to look into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back