• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you have a better start at it than I do! Haha I am we'll aware that it is imported but I think all the polymer lowers are. I'm not aware of one that isn't. Mine would surely be A parts drawer because I'd wait till I got the absolutely best deal on Sparta kit or upper assembly, etc... :)

Hi Guys/Girls,

Haven't been on for a while now, summer time is my outdoor time (hiking, shooting competitions, etc)...anycase..finished and finalized my AR and started building another one.

Notice the brand new Magpul MOE Rifle Stock ;) Really liking it verses, the adjustable MOE stock; built solid and lots of storage room in it.

IMG_5790.JPG

IMG_5795.JPG

IMG_5796.JPG

IMG_5797.JPG

JP Enterprises Tactical Compensator
IMG_5791.JPG

Funny..that you guys are talking about the polymer lower, my current build is the New Frontier LW-15 lower. I paid $99.00 for a complete lower, including trigger group, stock/commercial buffer tube.

So far my only complaints: Magazines don't drop free, probably can be fixed with light sanding or just break in. The trigger feels great..think its a rated 4.5lb pull. I switched my extra OD Magpul grip and sliding Moe stock to the polymer lower...still crazy light. It's going to be my beater rifle and hoping to get a 9mm upper for it.

LW-15 lower on left and Aero Precision lower one Right

IMG_5798.JPG

Thanks for the pictures! they look great!!

What do you think the chances of them breaking is? Since you are able to freely handle one ;)

*WARNING Picture Heavy*
Thought I'd add my creation to the list :cool:
DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Parts include:

Stag Arms Upper and Lower receiver
Bravo Company 16" Stainless Steel (I painted it) RECCE barrel
Bravo Company heavy bolt carrier group
Bravo Company charging handle
13" Troy Alpha Rail
Troy folding battle sights
YHM low-pro gas block
Spikes tactical heavy buffer and spring
Battle Comp 1.0 compensator
Giessel SSA trigger
Battle Arms B.A.D A.S.S (kid you not.. that's the acronym) ambi safety lever
Magpul CTR Stock
Magpul MOE+ grip
Magpul Trigger guard
Magpul B.A.D lever
Aimpoint PRO red dot sight

I absolutely LOVE this rifle. I'm glad I built it from the ground up... exactly to what I wanted it (well...there might be some more stuff in the future :D ) Finally got some range time yesterday, after sighting in I was able to maintain a 1" group at 100yds... with a red dot, I think that's pretty damn good!

Good lookin rifle ak!

Sorry for the abbreviation, but we have a habit of that around here. Not bad shoot'n at all Sir...

Re: AR 15 barrel or new rifle

Also take a look at Bravo Company USA barrels. I have a 16" SS from them but I know they make a ton of different options. From what I know these are comparable to Krieger. She's done me good so far! :D

Re: AR 15 barrel or new rifle

oops just realized this was a month ago... oh well, hope someone can use the knowledge!

Dang, some sweet lookin rifles! Makes me wanna do more with mine and change some stuff around.... hmmm, all sorts a ideas goin on.

My buddy, the Navy SeaBee, went with me yesterday to sight in his new Rock River "Operator" model. Pricey but it came from the factory with some nice upgrades, also took 3 months to get it to him, "due to the high demand" the company had said.

He took this pic of us.

davemetune05.jpg

He's on the left. At 23 or 24 years old, he's already travled the world and been deployed twice into combat zones in iraq. His unit was attached to Special Forces in support roles. He came to know a number of operators and had a good deal of opportunity to get plenty of range time on the operators somewhat private range. Real good guy and very mature for his age. Even if he is a little rusty on the rifle! :lol:

Didn't you know the secret... the one thing that makes all the top elite tactical shooters the best??? THE BEARD! James Yeager, Chris Costa...you keep growing that and you might have your own series of instructional dvd's one day! :D (I'm just kidding, I wish I could grow a beard like that :oops: )

^ He's right!

If you were holding a big 'ole battle axe in that pic you'd look just as mean and twice as dangerous... :lol:

A battle axe? No way dude, those things are really hard to put on target at 50 + yards! :lol:

Didn't think about long range battle-axing! Would you use a red-dot or scope for that? I might not be able to throw a battle axe 50yds, but you know what the vikings did after a battle...they drank...I can do that. I've even been practicing with 1L steins since I was a youngen :shock: (hold your horses, i grew up in Germany)

On a serious note, what kind of jacket are you wearing in that pic. I've been wanting to ad a multicam jacket to my wardrobe, I actually don't have any Camo :cry: just earthy tone stuff I wear everyday...call me boring, I say it's practical!

The jacket I'm wearing my buddy gave to me when the Navy switched to the new NWUs. Its the goretex shell of the previous desert pattern.

9970.JPG

Its desert tricolor. Its pretty light weight, but its waterproof and I'm able to wear a base layer under it.

I have a multicam jacket and also plan to get more, including the parka like what I'm wearin in the pic.

Didn't recognize it cause of your loadout... but that's the same one we wear with our uniforms... just blue (I think we should switch to multicam... tactical water rescue ops... a must have :D )

I think you're right about the multicam! :D

My vest is a CamelBak Delta-5 which I painted with krylon and rustoleum ultraflat camo paints for nylon and plastic. I used some of the colors found in multicam, two shades of green, two shades of khaki or tan, and brown.

Most of what's on the vest is also painted, the exception bein the three double stack mag pouches which were USMC issue coyote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back