• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Axes and Hatchets and Machetes rule my life...

Im Back !!! Wit da forest service ax, definetly one of my mostest very favorite tools of all time. So what happens parents/grandpas when daughter or grandone says i would go hunt but i dont like goin way up in the treestands with the gun im kinda scared still.... Well baby girl that aint no problemo, we gonna cut a fresh shoot lane just for you and put ya on the ground comfy cozy out of weather and everything :). So couple hours hard work with the saw and ultra handy Ax on the back 40 headed up the mountain is now a nice 75 yard long lane intersecting a couple trails to the creek bottom maybe a good lil spot. Either way if one of mine wanna go sit but not climb they have another spot. By next yeat gonna have couple nice huntin condos built. 20181119_133326_HDR-1.jpg 20181119_140356-1.jpg 20181119_140313-1.jpg

So Awesome. I'm Jelly.
Brother ya know this social elctronic friend world thing is weird to me BUT id surely hug ya for the heads up on ax. I literally thought about it walking back to house, i was NEVER an Ax man i was pure machete master or chain saw hated an ax, i thought. Now it indespensable in my world and without thus forum and a silly dang thread id not know the joy. Mushy i know but for real. So again thanks friend

Finally did some real work with the double bit Council, in a word GOOD.
As mentioned earlier i put a good edge on it myself. Had 3 tall pines about 10" diameter near barn i wanted gone. The double sure is nice cutter and I like the way it feels swinging it balance wise, you can really put some speed behind it and stays true on target. Anyway i aint no pro lumberjack but its gonna get alot of use i believe. 20181212_153019-1-1.jpg

That's probably one of my biggest problems. I don't have enough ax.

Most of my stuff is too small to be used for felling trees.

I do alright with shrubs and bushes and saplings, but not really anything with some girth to it.

I do alright with shrubs and bushes and saplings, but not really anything with some girth to it.

For some reason, reading this makes me giggle....

Following my learning curve after being infected with ax disease i was in same boat.

There is something very satisfying about felling a tree with an axe, when it is infinitely easier to just drop it with a chainsaw.

I love the smell of cedar. I have a whole big box full of little 3x3 inch blocks I got to make wine bottle stoppers and christmas tree ornaments.

Back