• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Battle Rattle

Re: Condor Outdoor Tactical Gear

My vest has straps at the bottom...

...and the belt has loops...

Simple Shotgun & Rifle Training Rig

Well I guess it's my time to share my simple shotgun and rifle training rig. :mrgreen: I will start off with the plate carrier. It is a Shellback (T.A.G) Banshee in Ranger Green. Triple mag pouch and shoulder pads from TAG. I decided to do the triple mag pouch so I could run my ar mags and my shell cards from ESSTAC and O.S.O.E. this makes a great all around setup. I threw one in there for illustration purposes. I use Level III Plates from AZ tactical. They are heavy but extremely durable. They are wrapped in kevlar and then covered in .400 thick coating from line-x to control spall. Which occurs with steel plates if not properly coated. I do not run a cumberbun or side armor when training. I carry my side arm on my instructors belt along with my extra mags and med pouch. Iam wanting to try a battle belt, but Iam poor at the moment. :| I use my paracord sling weaved down my right shoulder and in the Molle webbing to the back of the plate carrier. I love it since I can not even feel the gun while it is slung. It works great with my shotgun and carbine. It's long enough to transition to my weak side on both weapons and go prone. So far I love this setup. TAG - shellback banshee is a great carrier that won't break the bank. Enough talk, pics
iiKTHRHWNRe4d.jpg

ibx7yX8nSgWZoR.jpg

ibaRx5qRVcUlug.jpg

Re: Simple Shotgun & Rifle Training Rig

VERY NICE!

I like how you've got your sling integrated into the rig. Great lookin set-up KW...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
VERY NICE!

I like how you've got your sling integrated into the rig. Great lookin set-up KW...
Thanks! The back Velcro is reserved for your patch! :cool:

Ahhh, ok, mine does too. Dont know about the match up exactly, but there are adapters like the IBA thingies. May even be able to run the straps directly into the MOLLE webing?

Yup, there were two more straps than there were loops and I ran them through the webbing.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Yup, there were two more straps than there were loops and I ran them through the webbing.

Good to know! My vest also has 6 straps! :D

I've been lookin at the HSGI at like $65, so gonna be lookin to see how the two compare... And I'll need a belt.

Looks like the HSGI model is essentially the exact same design except that it has three rows of MOLLE webbing vs. just two on the Condor. I don't know man, I sure like $15 better than $65. :D

Rossignol said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Good to know! My vest also has 6 straps! :D

I've been lookin at the HSGI at like $65, so gonna be lookin to see how the two compare... And I'll need a belt.
I have a buddy that runs the HSGI and loves it. Very well made, and in the USA. I can't speak for the other unit.

K-Dub! Thats awesome man, thanks for sharin this stuff!

I've been wantin to try an actual plate carrier as a platform, I'll def look at this one!

I really enjoy everyone showin what they use and how its all set up, and especially why things are where they are.

Uhh, which patch though, the spartan patch? WhaddI miss?

Rossignol said:
K-Dub! Thats awesome man, thanks for sharin this stuff!

I've been wantin to try an actual plate carrier as a platform, I'll def look at this one!

I really enjoy everyone showin what they use and how its all set up, and especially why things are where they are.

Uhh, which patch though, the spartan patch? WhaddI miss?
Thanks man the banshee is a great plate carrier. L.E.S was kind enough to send a patch he had! I can't wait!!! :mrgreen:
2012-08-11_0.jpg

Ohhhhhhhh! Thats awesome!!! That LES is a pretty stand up guy like that! ;)

Yeah, I saw it while I was out the other day and figured it needed to find its way to KW...

Helluva setup. I couldn't even begin to afford a rig like that.

Damn nice gear.

I believe M24 runs the HSGI belt and can vouch for it. The Condor is my first battle belt and I like it so far. Combined with the Condor gun belt, it really locks into place and there is very little shifting around. I have the H-Harness for it as well, but the way the belt rides and supports, I found that it really was not neccesary. I like the way that LES's belt attaches to the vest. My Spec-Ops vest does not have straps for this and I wish it did. That was the reason I bought the H-Harness initially.

12ga Shellback Banshee PC in the works

I had a few people ask me some pics of a project I've been trying to find time for. Heres what I came up with for a 12 ga PC. Not a whole lot out there for 12ga when it comes to PC accessories, I'm going off of a concept I saw & trying to improvise off of it. Its still in the works & is far from 100% yet... "yet" being the key word.. alot of trial & error. Dont know if I should of started a thread for it but here goes, yall can throw around some ideas.

Attachments

• Banshee_floor.jpg
    Banshee_floor.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 466
  • Banshee1.jpg
    Banshee1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 463
  • Bansheefloorupright.jpg
    Bansheefloorupright.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 463
Re: 12ga Shellback Banshee PC in the works

More