• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Became an owner yesterday!

honkey

.270 WIN
I just bought my first shotgun yesterday. I do not come from a family that owned guns, so I am going to need a lot of practice before I go hunting, but I do want to get into hog, deer, and duck hunting. I got a used Mossberg 500a with a 28" smooth barrel. I plan on buying a rifled barrel with a scope before I go out looking for hogs. Hopefully I can find a good place to go here in Alabama. Looking forward to learning more about shotguns than what I was taught in Boy Scouts 10 years ago!

Welcome from MI.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum honkey !!

Congrats on the new Mossy 500a...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new 500!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your new 500 and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

honkey,
Welcome to the forum!

Before you start hunting flying birds,
I reccomend a lot of time shooting Trap, Skeet or Sporting Clays.

Become a good shot hitting moving targets and it will improve your chances and the fun of sitting in a duck blind.

Congratulations on a fine firearm!!! And though I'm a bit late gettin here, Welcome to MO man!

We're happy to have you here!

Back