• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

BROWNING

Yeah...another Hi Power owner! Nice pics and I like the checkered wood grips. The .40 caliber may be a collectors item as it was never a huge seller and they stopped making it.

I may end up with a second one some day. My Dad liked mine so much he got one for himself. My siblings aren't gun people and he already asked if I'd like to have it one day. I think holsters with twin Hi Powers would be pretty cool.

Come on LES, resistance is futile.

Browning Buckmark/Tactical Solutions pistol acquired. Too sweet
I picked up another pistol a while back, and it's a bit unusual, even for me. It's an almost like new Browning Buckmark with a 7.5" Tactical Solutions fluted barrel.
The barrel is a bright red. I've never held one of these Brownings before, and it fits naturally in hand.
It came with a Red/Green dot sight from UTG and it looks and feels like a real target pistol. The barrel alone sells for $275 from what I can find. I just looked up the sight and they sell for around $70 on ebay. I got the entire rig for $260, so I guess I did better than I could have hoped for.
SO far the only thing It'll feed and fire is CCI Mini-mags, and I'm completely out of them. All the 22 ammo I have in my supplies, and I can't find any other ammo it'll feed or fire consistently. I've considered taking it to my gunsmith to see what he can do to improve its reliability.

This is the way I got it, but the red dot sight had to go. I'm red/green color blind, so reflex sights don't work for me, for the most part.

I put a Swift pistol scope on it, and it's so much better suited to my shooting style.
This is how it's set up now.

This is what I managed off hand at 10 yds. I'm going to sight it in at 25 yds the next time I take it out to the range.

On my 21st birthday, in 1979, I walked into a local hardware store and dropped the cash for a beautiful Belgium made Hi-Power. I've always owned one ever since.

This is my current version, a Practical model, with some minor work done by Novak's.

uzyqyzab.jpg

There a very few guns that feel as good in the hand.

Back