• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Centurions and SG Ammo

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Looks like SG for some reason isn’t going to have the 1 1/8 oz slugs anymore.......this quote is on the site

"We just cut the wrap on the last pallet of this great blasting ammo, there will be no more when this is gone."

For those that don’t know SG is THE place to buy ammo, at least for me the past few years. If I weren’t casting and reloading my own slugs I would consider buying the entire pallet ....lol

Don’t know why they won’t have them anymore but get em while they are hot !

Yep, they are top-notch and a family-owned and operated small business!

My 1911 duty ammo (Win RA45T) came from them. A very smooth and flawless transaction.

Oli, you're going thru the lead stash pretty quickly, aren't you? Can you recover any of your slugs and re-smelt them into more ingots?

This would definitely be the time to shell out the coin for this ammo and stash away for the future. I go to training class tomorrow so this will be my first time shooting the centurions and will decide if I want to purchase a couple more cases of the slugs.

I emailed them, they said they had purchased the last of it to be imported, and it was truly gone. They said it will be replaced shortly with a ball-round that's almost like a slug and will be "cheap" (the quotes were sgammo's, not mine)

BigFatGuy said:
I emailed them, they said they had purchased the last of it to be imported, and it was truly gone. They said it will be replaced shortly with a ball-round that's almost like a slug and will be "cheap" (the quotes were sgammo's, not mine)

Sounds like a pumpkin ball slug...

PUMPKINBALL.jpg

In Pennsylvania there are special hunts when the deer population gets too big for a certain area and they issue tags which specify that only shotguns can be used because of the proximity of populated areas. I got such a tag and down a deer with a pumpkin ball round similiar to the one above. The hunt was by Holmesburg Prison in NE Philly...has to be twenty years ago now.

The site now says the one oz ball will be $70 / 250 shells and coming soon I will pick up on that as soon as I get the email from them at that even better price.

I wish I got in before they sold out. I would have bought that whole pallet...

I bought more, because I don't think "The Ball" slugs make things explode on impact like watermelons and zombies....

Can't wait until someone takes one for the team on the ball stuff ;)

I'll pick up a small box on my next order of 5.56/.223s

Just got my e-mail notification of the big balls are in. :mrgreen:

At 945am today pacific time there was 41 cases left after I ordered mine. :D

Who else got in on the deal?

Man those guys are fast! I already got my UPS tracking number for my case of ammo on the way to me. That was only three hours after placing my order, impressive.

Can’t wait for the report. I have been thinking about casting some round ball and loading them. The word is they work real well if you do a .69 cal in a wad like a Lee slug. Apparently they penetrate much better than a foster slug.

Holy Crap..this stuff runs dirty! Smoke and lots of lead fouling, after shooting about 40 rnds of the standard Centurion Slugs and 175 rounds of birdshot, I had lead melted all over my gas piston. For the price, I'll put up with the extra cleaning time.

You won’t forget the first time you scrub it out of your barrel. Melted on the piston…wow, how much of that do you think it would take before it quit working?

oli700 said:
You won’t forget the first time you scrub it out of your barrel. Melted on the piston…wow, how much of that do you think it would take before it quit working?

I got a couple of failure to extract..not sure if it was a couple of "Hot" Winchester general purpose rounds or bad fouling..it was near the end of the day; I had to yank hard on the bolt handle to eject the rounds. The lead was all around the gas piston area, even on the mag tube.

I'm tempted to buy one of these...it's okay to use on a smooth bore barrel..right?

419LhEfJgeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Back