• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Color Filled

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
What’s you method and how’s it holding up ?

I have tried the crayon method. It is super easy to do but for me, not going to be durable enough as far as being able to put up with heat.

I have seen paint sticks used and it seemed to work well …….

Check this and tell me what you think
http://q1engravers.com/index.php?main_p ... cPath=1836

Let me know what you do and how you do it!.......and pics too

I need to post up my GITD pix. it looks sweet..

I'll be back...

Obeekayaybee...

here they be...

IMG_20130406_130700.jpg

IMG_20130406_130707.jpg

IMG_20130406_131029.jpg

IMG_20130406_131020-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sucks the crayon didn't work for you oli.

I've done two with crayon just like the one below over the last few years and they're still holding up well through heat and all kind of abuse...

Also did one with olive crayon on the logo and used enamel paint pens on the bullet pictograms...

testors model paint and dental pick

A few examples:

widowmakerinstalled004-1.jpg

AR4sale015.jpg

nice work guys.

hey LES, what were you sipping when you did that? :D

Looks good to me.

The paint i got, i can't remember the name..but its not the same. I'll go look for the package....

I bought the paint fill sticks from brownells. They worked fine but I have not had them long enough to give any estimate as to legevity at this point.

I took a chance with the enamel paint option. Not too bad for my first try…learning.
I chose flat red , flat white, I didn’t want too much white so I gave gloss black a try ….I wanted it 100% filled but couldn’t decided , it’s ok.

That looks good. Good job.

Thanx oli...it's holding up so far. I do forsee the mossberg internation words wearing off though. Only cuz they're raised not recessed. Although the numbers are recessed, If that happens I'll just scrape it off.

Last edited:
Back