• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Doomsday Preppers

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
NatGeo, Doomsday Preppers

doomsdaypreppers-paul-goats_48113_600x450.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbgUZFHb9QY[/youtube]

Doomsday Preppers begins Tuesday Feb 07 at 9 pm.

Uhh, I dont think theyre nuts and I love the quote "Come on goats, We're buggin out!"

This could make for some entertaining TV.

Gunner said:
I may have to watch that one, I like Dual survival, and the Survivorman series with Les Stroud.
Survivorman was good. Dual survival is ok. A bit heavy on the drama
Man, Woman, Wild is just annoying.

MikeD said:
This could make for some entertaining TV.
As long as they dont try to overplay the drama and just end up making the people look like raving nut jobs.

I agree Fronty on the overplayed drama. I'm kinda expecting that cuz I dont think these folks are all that different than the rest of us. They just focus their time and efforts a little differently than most... like getting the goats to cooperate while bugging out.

Goats arent terribly smart, but they do come when called and will almost always follow their belly... or a branch of poison ivy. They love that stuff!

Gotta agree, with you about Man, Woman, Wild.

I think it is impossible, even for NatGeo, to leave the nut case angle alone.
They may not lay into it full bore, but I'd expect them to be clever and subtley question the sanity of doomsday prepping.
That just my .02

I'm watching the "I hope I'm crazy" one now....

Hmm. I have it recorded, but my big kids are watching Bones.

at some point, you give up your present day life in exchange for the hope of surviving something that might not happen...

I'd love the idea of a trailer full of survival gear, but 50 hours a week, every week? That's not really healthy..

I tried to tune and found that NATGEO is not part of my cable subscription. I swear I've watched stuff on that channel before. I'll just have to check and see if I can find in online.

I can't imagine a devoted "prepar" wanting his capabilities, supplies, and location aired out to the public. The cases featured are probably extreme preparers (bordering on obsessive compulsive, hoarders). Still seems like an interesting show. I will eventually watch (everybody has something to teach). :)

J.L. said:
I can't imagine a devoted "prepar" wanting his capabilities, supplies, and location aired out to the public. The cases featured are probably extreme preparers (bordering on obsessive compulsive, hoarders). Still seems like an interesting show. I will eventually watch (everybody has something to teach). :)

I agree. If you look at life right, there's almost always something you can learn - either by good example or bad.

As far as divulging capabilities, supplies or locations goes ... I haven't watched this year's episodes but last year they were pretty sketchy on location.

This is a second season? Wow, I never heard of this show till they smattered it all over the TV in the past month or so...

Lunatic fringe...novel, but nothing of real value.

I'd rather see a show that shows exactly how to can foods...know which mushroom is good to eat and which will kill...which herbs are good medicines...bugout bag essentials...hints / tips / tricks that we could really use, instead of the pap I just seen in the first two episodes.

SHOOTER13 said:
Lunatic fringe...novel, but nothing of real value.

I'd rather see a show that shows exactly how to can foods...know which mushroom is good to eat and which will kill...which herbs are good medicines...bugout bag essentials...hints / tips / tricks that we could really use, instead of the pap I just seen in the first two episodes.

That would be nice.

I watched an episode online that I thought was the new one until I realized it had an upload date of Aug 2011. it was interesting in that it makes me want to know more but it didn't offer any real value in terms of how-to or strategies.

+1 to the 2 above me. I wasn't impressed. Nothing of value from the series.

I'm going to look around for some good info on the topics you need to know how to do and report back later on this weekend.

Back