• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Doomsday Preppers

The Houston girl ... damn, she is wacky, her plan is horrible and she is doomed if SHTF. She basically said if her plan doesn't work she'll be whoring herself.

California nature man ... he seemed very secretive, he does have some good knowledge but I'm not sure how realistic things will be for him if the big one hit Southern Cal. He might be good to have as part of your group but he might get abused as a single man.

Rural Texas Couple - I respect what they've done and the preps they've made but their lifestyle isn't for me. If that is what we have to do NOW to survive a remote SHTF scenario then I'm in deep do do. I think there is a middle ground given the very remote possibility of a SHTF scenario. I think most SHTF situations will be local issues that we can prep for but TEOTWAWKI takes too much of your current life preparing for something that might happen to some future generation.

poor dude, probably never hurt anyone in his life. I would have to go under the radar on that one

BigFatGuy said:
I love the couple that refuses to arm themselves because everyone they know is "nice".

A lot of people are nice til the SHTF. Nice people can become not so nice when it comes down you or them.

MikeD said:
BigFatGuy said:
I love the couple that refuses to arm themselves because everyone they know is "nice".

A lot of people are nice til the SHTF. Nice people can become not so nice when it comes down you or them.

People like them will provide for the ones who offer protection. As long as they keep producing there their ware's than they will or should be able to barter for protection. Not everyone with a gun is going to just try to take what they want, good people would rather work out a deal than take what we want.

oli700 said:
MikeD said:
BigFatGuy said:

People like them will provide for the ones who offer protection. As long as they keep producing there their ware's than they will or should be able to barter for protection. Not everyone with a gun is going to just try to take what they want, good people would rather work out a deal than take what we want.

I agree, but I know there some people out there that I would not classify as "good". I know there is power in numbers and I didn't mean to imply that they would be attacked by anyone with a gun.

Everyone with a gun, no.

One or two people with a gun: almost certainly.

I would be very uncomfortable if my SHTF plan hinged on a "good" armed person appearing at my doorstep before a "bad" armed person.

Well since none of them are divulging their entire plan I would expect anyone who has thought it out as much as them would have those relationships in place prior to said catastrophe. If not then they get what they get I guess, none of us will ever know

If S really HTF, then anybody with water around them (river, lake, reservoir, etc...) will have lots of people nearby and lots of bad things happening. Just look at watering holes for animals. Might as ring the dinner bell for the predators because the prey animals are easy pickings. In my opinion, the best water option is one that nobody knows about and one that can't be dammed or siphoned.

The couple that doesn't want guns around will most likely be toast.

I have to agree 100%
Even my wife who is a gun person and is the nicest person I ever met said while watching the show.

"We will go there with our guns and take their stuff"

Of course she was joking around but she did have me ROFLMAO! with that statement!

I don't see anything wrong with being prepared for an emergency. Though Doomsday, thats over the top. Yeah I know, the worlds going to end, but at my age and in all likelyhood, I'm gonna beat it to the punch.

New Show ... Doomsday Shelters

Now there is a new show called Doomsday Shelters on Discovery Channel. Season premiere is aon Wednesday night. We are starting to get saturation on this issue, which probably means something.

Anyway, I'll watch it and see if it has any merit or if it's going to show folks that are a little over the top like Doomsday Preppers.

Re: New Show ... Doomsday Shelters

I hadn't heard of the show, so thanks for posting the topic. I am interested in watching it to see if it'll be any good and give me some idea's.

But I hope it's not kooky.

If it is, I'll flip the channel

hopefully, it will atleast get people to thinking. Im sure there will be the kooks on there living in a missile silo hoping everyone has updated their target list and not targeting their de-miled silo.

Anyone else watch it last night?

I didn't see anything specific on there that I didn't already know.

Aside from them talking up a nearly half million dollar bunker.

Hey, I'm all for modern conviences, but a big flat screen hanging on the wall ????

I was happy to find a 17 inch TV/DVD/Computer monitor combo rated at 45 watts that I could multi-task with to cut down on the number of pieces of equipment I would be using and storing.

I can think of a lot of other uses for the power consumption that big wall unit is going to eat. Even when it's turned off. (*and yes, many electronic devices gnaw power when they are off and is why you should unplug them when not in use to conserve your battery banks)

As for constructive criticism of the show, I could personally live without all the zombie junk.

Yeah, I caught a little of the show last night. That guy's bunker was bigger than my house...

John A. said:
Hey, I'm all for modern conviences, but a big flat screen hanging on the wall ????

I wonder what kind of shows will be on to see, after the world ends? Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 said:
John A. said:

I wonder what kind of shows will be on to see, after the world ends? Take care. Tom Worthington.

The complete season(s) of Doomsday Preppers on DVD!

Back